Woodswoman
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Jennifer
Altamont NY
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  5:03:23 PM  Show Profile
We are getting our first snowfall of the year here!! Only a few inches at my place, but just up the hill near my house they have about a foot!

Jennifer
Farmgirl Sister #104

"Nature brings to every time and season some beauties of its own".
-Charles Dickens

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  5:59:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Isn't it crazy how early we are getting snow this year? I remember most of the Halloweens growing up we might only have a dusting of snow on the ground if any at all. We already had 18 inches come and go! I do love the first snow fall though! It's so beautiful and it gives the whole world an instant make-over! Almost time to start breaking out the Christmas songs!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

wild daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Madelynne
Billings Montana
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2008 :  12:06:01 PM  Show Profile
I agree Alee when the snow flies I start thinking of Christmas. Most years the snow came just after Halloween. It seems that it has been coming sooner and sooner. Husband won't let me put up our tree until around Thanksgiving. I am allergic to pine and can't have a real tree so I figure after Halloween it should be fair game. I politely wait but the music can not be stopped. Enjoy the snow anyway.

Madelynne
Go to Top of Page

Canadian farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Lori
Ontario
Canada
482 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2008 :  2:04:24 PM  Show Profile
We were under a snow squall advisory today, but it has just been very cold and windy.

My son is in Ottawa, at university, and they had quite a winter storm there last night. I have to mail him his winter coat tomorrow! (Yes, he's there without a coat, wouldn't listen to his mom a couple of weeks ago at Thanksgiving when I told him to take it with him...!)

We had snow on the 21st of October, too. This is crazy, haven't even had Halloween yet...

Lori

Farmgirl Sister #183
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4745 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4745 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2008 :  3:59:18 PM  Show Profile
All we got on Monday here in the Chicago area was a brief 10 minute snowstorm that turned into sleet then rain. We got out first frost of the season on Tuesday the 28th. The exact same date we got a frost last year. I wonder if we will get a ton of snow like last winter.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  05:57:13 AM  Show Profile
I don't know about snow but the farmer's almanac predicts a "numbing cold" winter - heard that on tv, too.
Go to Top of Page

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  09:31:20 AM  Show Profile
I'm soooo jealous of your fall weather. We're just hoping it drops below 80 for Halloween.
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  09:50:49 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies, just reading the forum topic, No snow here in Colorado yet, beautiful sunny 77 degrees predicted for the day!

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Enjoy the little things in life....someday you'll look back and realize they were the big things.
Go to Top of Page

lorijarrett
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Lori
Norfolk NY
USA
112 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  07:14:12 AM  Show Profile  Send lorijarrett a Yahoo! Message
Oh, my goodness. We ended up getting about 2-3 inches of that snow on the 30th of October. I live in Norfolk, NY and let me tell you it was awful for awhile. High winds, very wet heavy snow. We kept thinking about if we lost power and making sure everything was handy. When we woke the next morning it was grey and dismal but the snow had stopped. My husband went out to shovel, came right back in and said it was heavy and he wasn't going to fight it. The next day the sun was out and melted what there was on the ground!! Can you imagine having that kind of storm, then having to go out and shovel all of it just to have the rest melt the next day! LOL We haven't had any since but it's looked like it wanted to dump on us a couple of times since! Lori

Farmgirl at Heart
Go to Top of Page

nampafarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

494 Posts

Kim
Nampa ID
USA
494 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  3:40:03 PM  Show Profile
we had soem snow on October 10. Just 1.5 inches though. The following week , we were back in the 70's.

Kim
Farmgirl Sister # 302
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  3:51:04 PM  Show Profile
No snow in our weather forecast this week. Cool at night but its warm & sunny now at 60. I was hoping for snow for Thanksgiving but doesn't look like were getting it here..

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Enjoy the little things in life....someday you'll look back and realize they were the big things.

Edited by - K-Falls Farmgirl on Nov 13 2008 3:51:32 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Our first snow of the year! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page