Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 i would like this squabble to be resolved.....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic i would like this squabble to be resolved..... Next Topic
Page: of 2

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  08:39:50 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
and that is what i am attempting to do with this post.
i dont want to relive the she saids/she saids here because i always like to look at intention and i have no reason to believe that the poster of the thread that hurt my feelings had any ill will towards me. i have always been an admirer of frannie in kentucky and have been the recipient of generous and thoughtful wishes from here, not to mention gifts. i dont believe that a person would go out of their way to be so kind to someone that they intend to hurt.
i have been going thru serious health problems that have really put me in the fear mode, and i have been overly sensitive about a lot of things lately, i guess in an effort to protect myself.
i believe frannie in kentucky has had her own journey with health issues and is going through surgery this morning.
country lawyer has posted an interview with her that i intend to read and will be sending my best thoughts and prayers to frannie. i believe that my feelings were most hurt because i didnt want to think that frannie in kentucky somehow didnt like me.
anyway, i think that this kind of thing could be avoided in the future if rather than ask questions about the forum of a farmgirl, maybe we should ask for info from the moderator.
this site belongs to maryjane and for me has always been a way to network with other like minded women. there are some threads that arent of interest to me, .....well i cant really think of a good example, but lets say there was a thead on raising hogs.
i dont want to raise hogs, but i dont think the farmgirls who raise hogs are a clique that is excluding me. lately there has been a little flavor here that cliques exclude people. i dont feel an exclusion here on this site, i just see that people gravitate towards their own interest and make friendships with like minded farmgirls.
as far as the farmgirl of the month goes. i wasnt really aware of this much until i was named, and then i did a search to find out what it was about. i was glad to see the women that were named before me and a little embarrassed that i hadnt participated in any meaningful way in celebrating their recognition. and for me the fun of it was that i would be able to share the good feelings with another farmgirl by passing it on. my choice was to be nancy jo in new york.
i think that this squabble could be avoided in the future if folks please pay attention to the power of their words. if you think what you are going to say could hurt someone please ask for clarification from a moderator before you post something. do a little research with the search engine here at this site to see what a particular farmgirl is going through, or what the history of the topic is about.
everyone here has the right to their own opinion, of course, but my opinion about the farmgirl of the month is that it should go to one of the veteran posters, i dont have a problem with that at all.
aunt jenny is a perfect example to me, she has posted alot, she has a blog and has really demonstrated the farmgirl spirit.
a newcomer to the site may be full of farmgirl spirit, but like alot of things in life, there is a value to having been there and having experience, i personally learn alot from other folks who have learned through life experience, and in the case of new farmgirls i dont know yet what their experience is. i learn about them through their posts.
i felt that the way a new farmgirl gets acknowledgement is through posting in the welcome wagon and telling us about their life. it would be hard for me personally to pick a newcomer as the farmgirl of the month.
i do want to clear up one thing. no farmgirls emailed me personally complaining to me about me being farmgirl of the month, the only way i knew anyone was unhappy about it was that it was posted on a thread. that is just how it was. it would have been kinder if that had never been mentioned and just a discussion on the history of the fotm.
i have tried to let everyone know that i will be gone from the forum for a while because i am on the journey of breast cancer and am tentatively scheduled for a lumpectomy on both breast november 5th.
for the next week i will be back and forth to dallas, because i have a cardiac conditon that may not allow me to go under an anesthetic and have surgery. this is troubling to me, but the oncologist/surgeon that i met with on tuesday has told my husband and i that she is very troubled by this as well. so while i love this site very much, i really have alot going on and havent had ability to post here really in the last month or two as i had in the past.
i do appreciate all the post and emails of support and lately and want everyone to know that if i am not here it is because i am trying my best to regain my health and will be back after all this is reolved.
now let me say something directly about the poster, frannie in kentucky.
i believe that frannie in kentucky had no intentions of hurting me on purpose. that just doesnt jive with the history of the way she has treated me in the past on this site. she has sent me emails of prayer and encouragement and even sent me lovely gifts of encouragment for no reason except kindness. i have no reason to believe that she encouraged or led any kind of anti-frannie from texas thread, as far as i can tell she simply responded to questions about the farmgirl of the month because she was the originator of this celebration of the farmgirl spirit. perhaps, my part of this is that i am not in my best form right now and maybe i was overly sensitive to the post. i am willing to believe that and hope that what may come of this is that people try a little harder at posting things that arent provoking.
now in that spirit i am gonna say that frannie in kentucky is going through surgery herself this morning and in true farmgirl spirit i hope we will all read her interview posted by country lawyer and send her an outpouring of emails with thoughts and prayers for her recovery, i am sure frannie in kentucky has been full of fear herself lately. i intend to send her an email myself this morning and hope this will put this family farmgirl squabble behind us.

love
frannie in texas
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  08:49:53 AM  Show Profile
God Bless you Frannie, I hope that everything goes well. I will be thinking about you.
*hugs*

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
MJ's Heirloom Maven's Librarian

Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  08:59:09 AM  Show Profile
Wise words and well said. It's in the far distance, frannie.
Jami in WA

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://woolyinwashington.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  09:04:49 AM  Show Profile
(((Frannie)))
Prayers go your way Frannie, and hugs too

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://princess-of-pink-creations.blogspot.com/
my new BLOG.
I have added "new" creations, take a look :)
And also some pictures of my village, come for a visit
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  09:14:19 AM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
God bless both Frannie's. A special prayer for you both.

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  09:26:39 AM  Show Profile
Frannie -- Bless you for posting this. And you are in my thoughts and prayers in the coming weeks. Strength, light, and love to you.

katie

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  09:31:52 AM  Show Profile
AMEN!!!

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Shi-anne
True Blue Farmgirl

596 Posts

Cheryl
Ada OK
USA
596 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  09:33:51 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, I haven't been around much the last two months ~ major computer problems! So I don't know what all is going on/haven't had time to read up on everybody's posting, etc. But I will be praying for you, especially on Nov. 5.

May the Lord, Himself be with you as you prepare to have surgery. May He take away your fears and replace them with faith. If it is His will, may you be healed completely even before the day of the surgery. May you have the peace that passes all understanding and may you fell His love in all that you do.

Farmgirls don't have hot flashes ~ They have power surges!
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  09:54:52 AM  Show Profile
I'm praying for you both as well as many others here having some health or other issues going on just now. Thanks for posting this!

(((Hugs)))

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  10:04:51 AM  Show Profile
My, what an emotional Frannie day this is! You are both in my thoughts and prayers today. I don't know who said things or what they were and I am certainly not going to try to find out. I do hope that this is a learning experience. In the wise words of Bambi's Thumper, "If you can't say sumptin nice, don't say nuttin at all." I think this should maybe be our motto here. Life is too short for pointless squabbles.

Hugs & blessings.

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  10:16:07 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
hehe I love both frannies! I just love how we can BOND and get along but it is NOT a clique. NEVER have I felt excluded or any here. I love everyone and all. Frannie thank you for setting a good example and a high standard that most all of us try to aim for:) Loves to you and best wishes!!! :) Long live the Frannies :-D

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://ligonierfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggybitsandpieces.blogspot.com/
http://ligonierliving.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  10:27:09 AM  Show Profile
(((((Hugs))))) Frannie! It's so nice to have you back 'home' here again. You will be in my prayers as you face your surgery.

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2899 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2899 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  10:34:04 AM  Show Profile
Oh frannie, you will be in my prayers & you are right, you do not need to be worrying about squabbles here.
My motto for this website: wwajd? (What would Aunt Jenny do??)
Jenny, don't be embarassed; I think you are the greatest!
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  11:23:47 AM  Show Profile
Great post, Frannie. I repeat the prayer that Cheryl said for you as I could not have said it any better (or even as well!). Much love to you and KY Frannie as well. I'm sure all will mend in time (both physical and emotional).

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  12:12:18 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, I will be praying for you and KY Frannie also! I love you all so much and it breaks my heart, to the point of tears when squabbles and such happen! What you said was beautifully put! God Bless you both! ((((((((HUGS))))))))

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  1:04:36 PM  Show Profile
You are both in my thoughts for a speedy recovery!

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283

http://farmgirlpleasures.blogspot.com/

http://aminiatureworld.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  1:47:35 PM  Show Profile
My prayers are with you "Farmgirl Sister"....

Farmgirl Sister #368
http://froccsfrillsfurbiloesandmore.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

cathy cobblestone
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

cathy
greensburg ky
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  3:23:13 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, I do hope that you are feeling much better real soon - I only wish you the very best. I never read the post in question - but I have to say, knowing KY Frannie personally, that I do not think in a million years she would ever intend on hurting your feelings. It would break her heart to know she has hurt someone. I've never heard a cross word from her - she loves this forum, she loves all farmgirls, and I'm certain she loves you. She would give you a big ole' squeeze hug.

I pray that the Lord blesses you both with restored health and spirit. You are a very deserving farmgirl. Many, many blessings to you and thank you for your post.

Cathy

Today is a gift, live it!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9396 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9396 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  5:36:20 PM  Show Profile
Frannie,
Just want you to know I am praying for your surgery, the doctors and a quick and full recovery.

hugs,

Denise
farmgirl sister #43
"Take a lesson from the teakettle, though up to its
neck in hot water...it sings!"

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  6:02:50 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, you hang in there. I am sure the Lord will find a way to heal you.

I will keep you and kentucky Frannie in my thoughts and prayers.

(hugs!)

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  6:45:22 PM  Show Profile
Frannie,
I must be plain dumb because I didn't think there was a squabble.
Just didn't want any ones feelings to be hurt.
Will be praying for you on the journey that you are on. My aunt is a breast cancer survivor. So do what you need to do for your health and well being, that is the most important thing right now.

Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  7:26:31 PM  Show Profile
Fran, there you are, sweet lady! You know what you have in front of you and it involves total "selfcare". I have made a note of November 5th...Be kind to yourself and don't worry about anyone else..Sometimes that's hard for a nurturing woman to do but you must care for yourself first during this time. Surround yourself with only good energy and visualise healing. Keep me updated whenever you feel like posting. I'll keep an eye out for you here and over in Hogs and Quiches!

((((((((((((((Love and Light to you)))))))))))))))))

Stephanie
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com ~~~Crochet, Sewing, Life Collections & Recollections Blog
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.blogspot.com Vintage & Modern Fabric, Fiber & Yarn Blog
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com ~~~~~Go Shopping at my Website Catalog!!
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  7:44:52 PM  Show Profile
Frannie - I will pray for you daily!!! You are a blessing to this place and I can't wait until you can come back more often. I miss your posts and your bunny stories!!

Handmade Soap and More! Try my new Lavender Oatmeal Facial Bar - http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

PROUD FARMGIRL SISTER #100
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  7:59:23 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, you are in my thoughts and prayers also.

Kris
Go to Top of Page

handyam
True Blue Farmgirl

394 Posts

Ada Mae
Greensburg KY.
USA
394 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  05:15:31 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, I have always enjoyed your "bunny stories & pictures" and hope you will return to them once your health is restored. You and our KY Frannie are in my daily prayers. Your "resolve the squabble" post was so wisely written. Your mind seems very clear on the subject, so now you can totally focus on your physical situation and move forward with healing. Have a great day!

www.adasadorableaprons.blogspot.com

This is the day that the Lord has made.
Go to Top of Page

LunaTheFarmLady
True Blue Farmgirl

448 Posts

Luna
Rineyville KY
USA
448 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  1:36:57 PM  Show Profile
Frannie

My heart goes out to you! I've been in an outta here so quickly lately I really don't know the story, but it really doesn't matter. Your words are wonderful and strong and sweet and giving and i echo cathy' wish for a strong recovery for you as well as ky frannie. I do not believe taht there was ever any intention to hurt anyone on her part. It is just not her nature. And I can see that the same is true for you. Love and Light and Prayer to you both.

Luna The Farm Lady
http://blueballmountainspindleneedleworks.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic i would like this squabble to be resolved..... Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page