Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Frugal Feasting Class & Blog Update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Frugal Feasting Class & Blog Update Next Topic  

herbquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

891 Posts

Kristine
Bonney Lake Wa
USA
891 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  9:18:13 PM  Show Profile
My blog is updated with class pictures. Notice magizines on the white board, MJF. And the books on the table. I also refered people to this forum. You gals are awesome.

There were 14 & 28 in attendance at the classes. That's more then the library's have ever had for a class.

Blessings,
Kristine ~ Mother of Many, MRET & Wellness Coach

http://herbalmommasda.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl Sister #97

daylily
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

Chris
Newcastle CA
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2008 :  7:59:25 PM  Show Profile
Kristine,
I very much enjoyed reading your blog! What a fun class to teach & attend! I am book marking your blog for future reference.

Thanks so much for sharing! Chris

Chris
Farmgirl Sister #346
http://refininglife.blogspot.com
http://organizedkitchen.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2008 :  09:11:28 AM  Show Profile
Wow Kristine, how cool!!
Where is Bonney Lake? I swear my husband has talked about fishing there but I am completely drawing a blank. Are you E. WA. or Western?
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

herbquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

891 Posts

Kristine
Bonney Lake Wa
USA
891 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2008 :  4:29:10 PM  Show Profile
Western Wa. We are off hwy 410 on the up to Mt. Rainer. Lake Tapps is in our area, plus lots of rivers for fishing.
We have a couple of fishing sons.

Blessings,

Farmgirl Sister #97
Go to Top of Page

FannyMay
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Tara
Rosston Arkansas
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2008 :  9:39:16 PM  Show Profile
Kristine,

I have a couple of questions for you. Do you charge any kind of fee for your classes. Could you give me an example of how you conduct them. I have been trying to come up with some ways to make some extra money. I am a stay at home mom and homeschool.. I have had several people say that I need to teach a class on canning and homemaking type projects. There is no telling how many calls I got this past summer asking for advice on canning and different things along that line. I think what you are doing is AWESOME> Some of the things that you are teaching have become a lost art, but I think there is coming a time when it is going to have to be done again.
Thanks,
Tara

There is no other life for me, but farm life.
Go to Top of Page

herbquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

891 Posts

Kristine
Bonney Lake Wa
USA
891 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2008 :  07:53:00 AM  Show Profile
Tara,
I will send you some of my handouts. The Frugal Feasting class with at the library's, so I didn't charge. I also teach classes for church groups that I don't charge. It's so important for people to learn these skills. I do charge for some. I'll email you what's coming up schedule. I'll have a website with a calendar of events that I'll be doing by Jan.

I would go and talk to stores that carry any of the items that you might reccommend and ask them to post a flyer. Also the people you talk to may have a group of friend that you could teach. It someone gets a group of 8 friends together, their class fee is waived.
Feel free to email me. I do teach some classes in my home.

Blessings,

Farmgirl Sister #97
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2008 :  8:55:27 PM  Show Profile
I wish you lived near by. I learn by doing, not by reading and I am terrified to can.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

prairielandherbs
True Blue Farmgirl

690 Posts

Maggie
Iowa
USA
690 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2008 :  10:15:21 AM  Show Profile
Tara, we offer all kinds of classes at our shop. It's my business, so I do charge - it's definately a "for-profit" thing for me. (Have done fundraising classes for various libraries and charities - those are "pay for" classes too, just the money goes to the charity). They are fun, but require alot of planning and work. I'd make sure your insurance covers them too. I think it's a GREAT time to teach classes on any kind of "diy" home-activitiy. We just did a round of classes on soapmaking, natural dyes, natural home cleansers, and shea butter moisturizers. They all sold out except one, and the cheapest class we offered this time around was $40. If you have any questions, let me know!
Go to Top of Page

herbquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

891 Posts

Kristine
Bonney Lake Wa
USA
891 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2008 :  6:50:01 PM  Show Profile
Maggie,
I know you from Essential Herb group. I'm Herbal Momma & haven't posted there for awhile.
Your classes look wonderful! I charge for some of my classes also. People who make an investment in themselves are more prone to use what they learn.

Blessings,

Farmgirl Sister #97
Go to Top of Page

prairielandherbs
True Blue Farmgirl

690 Posts

Maggie
Iowa
USA
690 Posts