tribalcime
True Blue Farmgirl

2963 Posts

lisa
lexington ky
USA
2963 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  5:12:41 PM  Show Profile
This is sad but oh SO funny if you try to picture it. I am learning to drum.( middle eastern style rhythms) Which I can do decently. But it doesnt come naturally . I also want to drum while I dance. So in taking the advice of some great drummers at the drum circle I attend --I needed to BECOME ONE WITH MY DRUM.So only way to do this I decided was to wear the darn thing for part of every day. My drum is not small at all .Today was DAY 1. SOOOO.... picture me today --wearing my apron --middle eastern music loudly playing in the kitchen --me stirring choc chip cookies with my right hand and with my left trying to beat the drum patterns out --ALL while dancing around the kitchen. I actually had quite alot of fun with it. Too bad I couldnt have videoed it --would of been a hit with youtube . I wonder if this is a start of a new cooking method. ?? Now if I can figure a title out for the cookbook :P Friend came over later today and had some cookies--said they were the best I had made. I had to bust out laughing and tell him the story then :)

LIfe is a witch ~~~ and then ya fly !! My blogspot .http://tribalwitch.blogspot.com/ and my barter blog is at www.bartertribalwitch.blogspot.com

Edited by - tribalcime on Oct 20 2008 5:13:14 PM
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic I should be on YOUTUBE :P Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page