Daisydu
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Becky
Rock Hill South Carolina
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  11:56:14 AM  Show Profile
I don't have a problem sleeping. My problem is waking up as tired as I was when I went to bed. I'm not resting when I sleep.
Any suggestions?

Loving a simple life in the country!
www.twistedfencepost.wordpress.com

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  1:25:52 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Becky, I had to give up caffeine and stick to my guns on getting to bed by 10:15. Also, getting enough water, sun light, movement in my day has helped. I was suffering from exhaustion and no amount of sleep was working. I had to tweak my diet and lifestyle patterns. Also, decluttering my home has helped. (((HUGS)))

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  2:04:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Is your mind staying active all night? Or perhaps little noises keeping you awake? You could try keeping a free-writing journal before bed, turning on a fan, and if all else fails, try taking some melatonin. This the natural chemical our brains produce to regulate sleep. My husband and I use it to re-adjust our sleep schedule when it gets off and you don't get that drugged feeling the next day. Just nice, deep sleep. I don't think I move a muscle the whole night!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  4:31:05 PM  Show Profile
Could you have sleep apnea?? I agree with the caffeine. I can't drink anything with caffeine in it after lunch. I only have 1 cup of coffee per day. Otherwise I'd be up all night but I'd be awake not waking unrested.

Handmade Soap and More! Try my new Lavender Oatmeal Facial Bar - http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

PROUD FARMGIRL SISTER #100
Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  11:43:29 AM  Show Profile
Becky - First off, make sure you are not having a medical reason for feeling exhaused. Last time I felt that way I had Epstein-Barr virus - many things could be contributing to the way you are feeling.
You might want to try passionflower and valerian - I just bought the tincture and can't really tell you anything much about it yet. I hope you feel better soon!
Hugs
Kathy of the Enchanted Wood

Kathy of the Enchanted Wood
Farmgirl Sister #59
http://enchantedwoodmusings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

nampafarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

494 Posts

Kim
Nampa ID
USA
494 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  12:09:50 PM  Show Profile
Becky, I have the same issue. After determining that I dont have sleep apnea, and of course the caffeine thing, and the sleep aids you can buy over the counter gave me sleeping pill hang over or some pretty interesting dreams in which I would have conversations with people that I did not know anything about, I decided to try homepathic remedies. I have a friend who makes and sells tinctures. I use St Johns Wort. A few drops in a shot glass filled with water really helps me..

Kim
Farmgirl Sister # 302
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2008 :  8:56:18 PM  Show Profile
DaisyDu,
Sorry you're not feeling rested. That's tough and especially in the morning when you know you should be. I have heard that vitamin b complex helps people sleep better. Best Wishes that you find a solution soon.

barnagainkristin

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." John Muir
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  6:29:18 PM  Show Profile
DaisyDu,
Are you feeling rested now and did anything in particular work for you? Hope you're doing better.

barnagainkristin

Go to Top of Page

Daisydu
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Becky
Rock Hill South Carolina
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  12:46:22 PM  Show Profile
I just wanted to update you. On Sunday Nov. 16 I bought a 3" memory foam mattress pad and put on my bed. The very first night I used it, I could tell a difference. I am sleeping much better. The circles under my eyes are not as dark. I don't have as many aches and pains. Which is why I don't think I was sleeping well. Constantly moving around because of pain. I was getting up in the mornings with migranes. Now I don't have headaches when I get up like before. My mattress was fairly new, so I knew it wasn't that. Anyway, the memory foam pad has helped tremendously.

Loving a simple life in the country!
www.twistedfencepost.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

lorijarrett
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Lori
Norfolk NY
USA
112 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  06:42:57 AM  Show Profile  Send lorijarrett a Yahoo! Message
I wanted to write because suddenly after years of having NO problems sleeping I have started having issues. I think the first part started with loosing my job. My mind races at night, I try counting, saying the lords prayer, my ABC's etc and it doesn't work. Couple of things though I did figure out. NO caffine after 3pm. I need to be active that day so that my body is tired and ready for bed. I used to play my Nintendo DS before going to bed, games like Suduko,Karuko and some action types. This was overstimulating me, thus couldn't fall asleep. I now read a bit, no caffine and try to get to bed at a reasonable hour consistantly.
I know from experience the sleep aids give me the hangover affect the next day so those are definately out. I will keep pluggin away and see what other methods I can try so I can sleep.
I too suffer from regular sinus and migraine headaches, I have lots of allergies though as well, didn't think about the mattress...hummm.
Well enough of my rambling. God Bless everyone and have a great day

Lori
www.countryhandsandheart.etsy.com
www.farmgirlinthemaking.blogspot.com
Farmgirl at Heart #397
Go to Top of Page
  Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Sleep, but no rest Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page