Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  07:46:27 AM  Show Profile
All you need is love

Edited by - CabinCreek-Kentucky on Oct 20 2008 4:41:53 PM

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  07:56:06 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, when someone gets chosen as Farm Girl of the month, can everybody send something, like a card or a little handmade item? Or is this just for a "special" group of farm girls. I would love to send cards and little home made items to a FGOTM (Farm Girl Of The Month)

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://princess-of-pink-creations.blogspot.com/
my new BLOG.
I have added "new" creations, take a look :)
And also some pictures of my village, come for a visit
Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  08:03:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Frannie...What a Sweet Idea! I often wonder about the Farmgirls that may prefer to read more, rather than post and would love to have a way to get to know them as well. I do understand the enjoyment of reading the posts because there is Sooooo much that one learns from Reading all the topics. It would be so nice for the Farmgirls to be Randomly selected and perhaps that would encourage them to share something about their lives with us. I definately Vote for this FABULOUS idea!

Until Later,
New Mexico Audrey

~ Side by side or miles apart....dear friends are always close to the heart ~
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  08:04:30 AM  Show Profile
The month I chose, it was randomly. I put a whole boatload of names in a basket, and drew one out. I remember Karin saying she did the same. I added names that asked to be included when I posted to everyone that I was getting ready to choose the lucky Farmgirl of the Month to be.

Your idea is a good one, Frannie, but know that it has been done fair and square since you came up with the original great idea! :)

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Oct 20 2008 08:07:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  08:29:18 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Frannie, for answering the question. No I didn't think it was a clique, don't like those too. But just thought it was for girls that were here longer. But now understand that it is for everyone and I love that idea too.
Sounds fun and interesting. I sometimes read the topics and read some "new" to me things, lol.

my new BLOG.
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  09:03:39 AM  Show Profile
Yippee, I would love to be on the list, too. I never really knew what this was all about, so was happy to see this question posed. I agree that it would be nice to think that everybody was a potential FOTM. Hugs and thanks, Nance
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  09:21:23 AM  Show Profile
Me too. Sounds fun and to get to know you all is the best part.

Sometimes I feel like I just bust in on peoples conversations, but I don't mean to be nosy. Just wanting to learn more about all my new farm girl friends. I just love it here. And I do feel like everyone does listen.

Kris
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  09:36:13 AM  Show Profile
Will be on the lookout, Frannie!

my new BLOG.
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  10:00:22 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls!
We are generally swamped all the time here, so creating one more list to manage is not all that high on our list! We actually love the way "farmgirl of the month" has been working. Why fix somethin' if'n it ain't ... yanno...

It does seem like it should continue to be what it is, not to mention it's a doubly nice way to honor those who've been around a while such that everyone who chats is familiar with who they are. As it is, the farmgirl who is chosen passes the honor (chooses the next gal) onward. Couldn't be simpler or more random or more fun!

Thanks girls!
Carol

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride!'"
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  10:46:56 AM  Show Profile
I agree whole heartedly that there should be some sortof list.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  11:00:43 AM  Show Profile
Hi again everyone,
As I said in my last post, we think the "farmgirl of the month" is working just fine as it is now - each person chosen then chooses another member for the next month. We like the idea of the "pay-it-forward" method of choosing. And there already is a list - it's the forum members list. We're hoping that each honoree will then choose the next from the "Members" list that you can click on in the upper right corner of the screen so that all farmgirls will be "in the mix," and not just those known to the one choosing. We already maintain a few lists here at the farm, and let me tell you, they're a lot of work! And even if someone volunteers to maintain the list, that's a lot of work for us too. Now that the magazine is coming out every 2 months and we're swamped with a million other things, we just don't have time to maintain more lists (or people). We know you can understand when a farmgirl's just too busy for one more task!

Have fun with this!
Carol

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride!'"
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  11:02:24 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for bringing up the topic, Frannie. I also wondered how that worked. I thought it was for only a 'select' few...usually the ones that had the most responses to their postings. Anyway, I think your idea is the best and fairest one. Thank you again!

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  4:45:09 PM  Show Profile
Frannie - you may be confusing folks by editing this thread with love, love, love.

Perhaps you should have left your original remarks here so we can know what you think and what everyone's replies mean.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Oct 20 2008 4:58:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

Carol

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  5:07:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls.
As you can see from this thread, it just does not work to go in and delete your posts from this forum. Frannie, it looks like you deleted your whole post here, and now the whole thread makes absolutely no sense to anyone else. PLEASE, everyone, do not go back and delete substantial portions of your posts once you've posted them!
Thanks,
Carol

Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  6:00:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
I believe that Frannie probably felt it was for the Good of the Forum that she just take the topic off, because Soooo much controversy seemed to be generated by the Suggestion she made. I am sure Frannie did not want something on the Forum that was being Misunderstood by some people as she is very Sensitive to the feelings of Others and I know it must have hurt her greatly to have made a very innocent suggestion that many of us (including myself) felt would be a positive direction to take the Farmgirl of the Month. I do believe it was Kentucky Frannie that came up with the original idea and I think she was just trying to be considerate of everyone. I have always felt that it is an absolute POSITIVE to try to improve on something and make little changes if it is a consensus by a group that change would be good. I Do think many were voicing that opinion.

Unfortunately the conversation to improve the Farmgirl of the Month was taken by some to mean that Wrong people had been chosen.......OH MY GOODNESS, that is Absolutely the farthest from the truth. That was not anyone's intentions to make anyone feel that way. It is just that there are a silent, new group of people that would like to be more included and I commend Frannie for trying to be more inclusive of everyone. Why couldn't the BASIC premis be revised being that it does involve everyone on the List? Perhaps making it Farmgirl of the Month with the intent being to get to know EVERYONE....perhaps think of it as a Student of the Month kind of thing. The reason I say this is because there never was a REAL premise for why or how someone should be selected...... so maybe at this point it would be beneficial to make some rules for everyone to go by. PLEASE, from the Bottom of my Heart, Do Not take this to mean I feel anyone that has been selected shouldn't have been. I am just trying to help with making some additional guideline suggestions in order to help EVERYONE be able to feel ok about "Picking" or perhaps deciding as a group if we just want it to be a drawing from the hat kind of thing. I think that was actually the direction the conversation was going and people seemed to be very interested as many were speaking up and saying they didn't have any idea what Farmgirl of the Month was all about.

Ok Everyone....You can "hit on me" if ya want :(...but I am just trying to explain where I think Frannie was coming from and TRYING very hard to summarize what I think was going on.

Until Later,
New Mexico Audrey

~ Side by side or miles apart....dear friends are always close to the heart ~

Edited by - Back Home Again on Oct 20 2008 6:28:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  7:55:34 PM  Show Profile

Frannie, bless your heart for trying. You will be greatly missed. You have blessed so many lives for the good! xo

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

Farmgirl Sister #44

http://thebeehivecottage.blogspot.com

http://www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Maryjane Lee on Oct 20 2008 11:49:53 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Love Love Love Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page