Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What is it with... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  06:43:12 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Heather

Edited by - catscharm74 on Oct 20 2008 2:56:27 PM

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  07:53:36 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
working at a gas station i have noticed this too. a lot of chics with SUV's seem to think they have the right away for everything. they even get angry with me for not automaticaly turning the pump on when they pull up and each pump has 3 prepay signs on it. i think it just has to do with some people believing that they belong to a privelaged class. i just smile and tell them that we are a prepay store and they have to either pay at the pump or leave their credit card with me. there are far more nice people who come through the store than sour ones and i honestly pitty the ones with bad attitutes. they darken my day for a few moments, but they have to live under that storm cloud.

What we write today slipped into our souls some other day when we were alone and doing nothing.
-Brenda Ueland

http://quilandneedle.blogspot.com/

http://musingandmuttering.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  08:00:37 AM  Show Profile
I think SUV's are really dangerous. They're unwieldy and full of blind spots, and I don't think most people realize just how different they are from regular cars and even most pickups. I think the size distorts the driver's perception of distance and speed. Going 30 mph in a small car is a lot different than going 30 mph in a giant boat of a vehicle!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  08:43:19 AM  Show Profile
I am 50 in a Trooper with the big glasses. But I have the problem you have being in a small car. I go the speed limit out here and if someone comes flying up behind me, which happens alot, I will slow down and let them pass or pull over if there is a spot to. I cannot tolerate someone on my rear end. I don't do it and I don't want it done to me.

I've been through Texas and love that they are such considerate drivers there, most of the time.

So where can I get a bumper sticker like the hemmoroid one? I love that!

My Trooper is not nearly as big as a Suburban, but big enough to haul all my grain, hay, pigs, calves, sheep, goats and chickens. Turkeys, too. I have yet to haul a horse in here, but am willing to give it a try!

Edited by - kristin sherrill on Oct 20 2008 08:46:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  08:59:11 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

Edited by - catscharm74 on Oct 20 2008 2:56:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  11:30:38 AM  Show Profile
I can't stand tailgaters. I usually tap my break light a few times to give them the hint. Sometimes that works. If not, if there's no place for me to pull over to let them pass, I'll just maintain the speed limit and ignore them. What is 'cookie cutter'?

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  1:04:42 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

Edited by - catscharm74 on Oct 20 2008 2:57:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  1:16:05 PM  Show Profile
Edited by Annika and an apology to all

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
MJ's Heirloom Maven's Librarian

Edited by - Annika on Oct 20 2008 4:24:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  1:24:04 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message

FARMGIRL #90

Edited by - catscharm74 on Oct 20 2008 2:55:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  1:58:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Ladies, we might want to be cautious. I think we might all be falling victim to the ease of mass stereotyping. I would hate for any of our farmgirl sisters who drive SUV's or who have houses in a pre-built subdivision to feel we don't love them too! I think it is the person who owns the house and the car that gives it personality, ya know?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  2:00:38 PM  Show Profile
Amen, Alee.

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  3:14:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
I will say with pride that I used to drive an SUV and I have a big ol pickup truck. Not everyone in trucks and SUVs are road hogs..

I'm just sayin

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

People can only make you feel inferior with your permission, and you dont have my permission......

Dont let the chain of love end with you.....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  3:58:17 PM  Show Profile
I know what you mean Amanda. My best friend in the entire world drives a large SUV, and so does my Mom. Neither are roadhogs or even discourteous-most of the time. Although if you tail gate my friend, and you come to a four way stop, she has been known to throw her in reverse to get her point across and for laughs.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  4:02:11 PM  Show Profile
Sorry Alee, that was really wrong of me for saying that. I'm bitter over the loss of farm land and the encroachment of the sub-divisions and I shouldn't have said that. I'm terribly sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings. It was not at all meant personally. I feel really bad

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
MJ's Heirloom Maven's Librarian

Edited by - Annika on Oct 20 2008 4:10:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  4:51:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Don't feel bad Annika. I think it is easy for a few flagrant bad apples (the road hogs) to give a very large population (female drivers) a bad name. We all have been victim to bad driving, whether it be an accident resulting from or being cut off so the frustration makes generalizations easy. *hugs*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic What is it with... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page