Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 A pretty woven tray from the thrift
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic A pretty woven tray from the thrift Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  07:27:43 AM  Show Profile
I thought this was so pretty and I knew right where I was going to put it.
I made a few more greeting cards today, going to try and make a few everyday until I wear myself out on it. Going to Joannes to get some thread to finish that table cloth I was working on. going to try and avoid the craft section where they sell all those pretty papers for scrapbooking and CARD MAKING. I should use up all the things I have around here, guess that all depends on how much coffee I have before I go.
Also going to press some more leaves today. There are some real pretty ones out there.
I would love some acorns but there doesn't seem to be an oak tree right near me. Saw one yesterday but it didn't have any acorns, must have been the off year for them on that tree. Not sure what I would do with them if I had some, maybe put them in a bowl with some holly.I'm sure I could find something cute to do with them.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  07:32:30 AM  Show Profile
Nancy~I have to stay out of those areas too because I know I can't help myself in around all those pretty supplies, either.
Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  10:05:28 AM  Show Profile
While I was out I found two oak trees, NO ACORNS. Still looking.

Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  12:00:56 PM  Show Profile
You find the cutest things
Love your pictures as usual Sheila

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativetouches.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4743 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4743 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  2:40:39 PM  Show Profile
Love the woven tray! Thanks for sharing.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  2:59:52 PM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo.....I have LOTS of acorns....I will send them....I am going out right now to gather!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226

www.farmgirlsam.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  3:16:29 PM  Show Profile
ooooooooooooh SAM!!!

Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  3:47:57 PM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo, I was scouting my trees for acorns, but there are very few to find around here. I think the squirrels must be chomping them down and storing them up. I do have a few funny looking ones from my English oak tree. If I don't lose them by the time I pack up a little item for Jack and Dave, I'll tuck in a few, they are different from most acorns....
I LOVE your little black pan. I just don't understand how people give up these treasures! Yesterday we went to the local goodwill and I got nine old dinner plates in a pattern called Coffee tree, it must be from the fifties, sort of a cartoon bunch of leaves and a silver (very worn) rim.. They were so cute, and 99 cents for the lot, I could not resist. I have broken so many dishes this year, my fibro hands just let things drop even when my brain tells them to hold on That is the most fun about the thrift shops, you just never know AI havd this thing about the color green, and often get bits of green pottery, dishes, etc. Well, yesterday I saw what must be close to one of the most humongous ashtrays that I have every seen. It was a deep pine green, a huge oval with the little places in the middle for eight cigarettes. At least a foot long. It was just so funny, but I would need a lot of room to display it and it really wasn't that beauti8ful, just amazing. Zan and I were howling with laughter at it, we pictured people getting together for a big cigarette party. All those fifties things really tug my heart, I can remember seeing things like that in people's houses when I was a kid, and they always fascinated me (I think maybe I got dropped on my head one too many times as a child...). Anyway, thanks for posting all the phots, my daily treat. I did take a picture of somethi9ng I'm making, now if I can figure out posting photos again.....

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  4:43:06 PM  Show Profile
Karin,
I know, that 50's stuff can be pretty out there. I was suprised to hear you were at a thrift store. I thought your daughter had put on a ban on that. I think she should pick something else to ban,like cooking or laundry. ya know?
You and Sam are so nice to help me with my acorn problem. I can't believe the oaks around here are holding back this year. Wonder what that means? Really awful winter or lazy oak tree?
I checked your site but didn't see a picture yet I will keep checking.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  5:00:27 PM  Show Profile
Well...I think Karin and I are just a couple of nuts? LOL!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226

www.farmgirlsam.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  5:25:29 PM  Show Profile
Well just about the nicest nuts around!!

Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  10:22:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Oh Nancy Jo! I had a dollhouse when I was a little girl that looked so much like that one too! Oh Goodness ... the hours I spent playing and moving furniture around and imagining! What a lovely find!!!

Until Later,
New Mexico Audrey

~ Side by side or miles apart....dear friends are always close to the heart ~
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic A pretty woven tray from the thrift Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page