Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Homeschooling Farmgirls!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Homeschooling Farmgirls! Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  05:50:06 AM  Show Profile
We went camping last week so no work for us just play but this week weve been back at it ,you know its much funnier to play than work! hehe Oh well we must trudge on.
Dana, my boys seem to be doing pretty good with the teaching textbooks! Yea cause I never had algebra. Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Georgiaberry Mobley
True Blue Farmgirl

79 Posts

Georgiaberry
Fouke AR
USA
79 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  11:37:15 AM  Show Profile
Hey there, Homeschooling Hens!

Mary Jane and her crew are working on a Kids Merit Badge spinoff from the Sisterhood. Look at this thread for more info.

http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=32756

It is called the "Young Cultivators." Rene has a few badges in first draft form and I'll bet she would love some eager young testers!

I sent my kids back to our local school this year after homeschooling last year - I really regret it! I've been home all day baking oatmeal cookies by myself - its just not right! Can't wait to "quit school" again!

Farmgirl Georgiaberry

always busy at www.SunshineForDinner.com

Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  07:16:14 AM  Show Profile
Hey ya'll!

We're just plodding along. My daughter is so involved with fencing and a homeschool teen group that I'm NEVER home! We started off great with our work, but then the flood in Georgia hit and we just haven't gotten back to normal yet. Good grief!

I'm excited to see MJF doing a badge system for kids!

I had to let my sisterhood subscription go for this year. Just couldn't find the money in the budget. So I'm temporarily out of the henhouse section.

Off to start the day!

Dana

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
www.schultztroupe.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  10:24:58 AM  Show Profile
Once you get off schedule Dana, isnt it hard to get back on track? I know it is for us. We are almost done for the day! Wheew! Now on with the house work. Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  10:35:03 AM  Show Profile
Karen, it's my lack of motivation that is the problem! LOL!

Dana

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
www.schultztroupe.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  12:02:26 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone...glad to see how y'all are doing. We took off the first week of october and camped part of the time we were gone too,that was the best days while we were gone...the kids had a ball! Now we're trying to get our "everyday" schoolwork in along with the large amount they are getting from the 2 classes a week they take with a homeschool co-op.I wish they didn't give them sooooo much...it's crazy,like six assignments for the one class alone each week! I'll have to check out the kids merit badges...sounds interesting.Have a wonderful and blessed day!!
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  04:00:35 AM  Show Profile
CJ6, so glad you got to enjoy some time off. We are trodding along some days go fast other days seem way to slow. But we are making it and thats all that matters! Hope your week will be a great one also! Blessings,Karen

www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Kyria
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kyria
Carthage TX
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  09:10:40 AM  Show Profile
It's been a few months since anybody commented here. I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Kyria (rhymes with Syria) and I'm hs'ing my 13yo daughter and 15yo son. High school, yikes! I did join the homeschool henhouse.

So how's it going for you all?
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  9:41:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kyria! we just started back with the coop after the group took a two month break.So back to days being a little crazier. My home schoolers are 15,11 and 7...they love art(drawing and other crafts),math and baking.What are you children's favorite subjects?
Go to Top of Page

Kyria
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kyria
Carthage TX
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  5:39:43 PM  Show Profile
My kids love art, too. They love doing science experiments. My son wants to be a pilot, my daughter a missionary. Or maybe an oceanographer, lol! She loves to fish, he loves to hunt. She loves plants, he loves animals. They both love history, and like reading. He does more cooking and she does more baking.
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  2:12:48 PM  Show Profile
It feels so good when you accomplish home schooling your child and they graduate with high marks. My daughter graduated Jan. 09. Yeah! on time I might add.
So, one of my friends who also home schooled her child has some books for sale that I'm going to list on ebay. One set is called questions kids ask, complete set and the other is all about learning the states called, Which way U.S.A. by Highlights, complete set.
I'll have these up tomorrow, if you know these they are great additions to any curriculum.
http://stores.ebay.com/funfamilybargains
Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
www.watkinsonline.com/rjaramillo

Edited by - marjean on Mar 08 2010 2:13:51 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Homeschooling Farmgirls! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page