Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2008 :  1:46:07 PM  Show Profile
The diatition at our hospital introduced me to a computer program that will analize recipes. Ole Ron's blood sugar is over the top. The diatition was showing me how to read a lable on packaged store bought food. ROFL !! I told her that most of our food did not have a lable. The side of the jar says Kerr. I make most everything from scratch. We never eat out. She told me I could send my recipe to her and she would run it on her program and it will print out a lable. I told her she did not have time, I have thousands of recipes and actually use hundreds. I ask her where I could buy the program, got the info, ordered it, got it installed on my computer and today I printed out a lable for my homemade whole wheat bread. How fun that was! So I am makeing bread for supper to go with the Broc, corn chowder. Didn't have to analize the chowder, it was on the recipe (Everyday Food Mag)

I want to analize the sugar free apple pie that I made yesterday but I didn't count the apples. Gee, I will have to make another one. I am not complaining Frannie, just wondering where I am going to find time. Did tomato juice today, no lable, better do the computer thing. Applesauce and apple butter tomorrow. Is this fun or what?

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2008 :  1:55:20 PM  Show Profile
So....what's the name of the program? Can you buy it somewhere? It would be helpful for lots of us..please share if you can.

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226

www.farmgirlsam.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2008 :  2:40:48 PM  Show Profile
The name of the program is FoodWorks 10. www.nutritionco.com The program cost $200. That is about one trip to the pharmacy for us. I am enjoying "lookin stuff up" so much that it is better than a game.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2008 :  6:49:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow, Belle! What a great program. It sounds like a good investment!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic New computer program Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page