Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Brenda
Upton Kentucky
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2008 :  06:45:28 AM  Show Profile
Frannie....

I had so much fun and I just wanted to send a little FYI to the gals in the area. Sonora, Kentucky has 3 barn quilts up as well..there are 2 on 84 going toward Hodgenville and one on 84 west toward White Mills (well actually it faces 84, and visible but on a side road)

Sonora now has a couple Antique Stores downtown on 84, as well as Claudia's Tea Room, a very quaint cafe known as Brook's General Store (open Mon-Fri. 8am.-4pm.) and my all time favorite Jaxsoaps, owned by Jacque Morton (Alchemist and Chandler) www.Jaxsoaps.2ya.com. She does the most wonderful Cold Kettle Herbal Soaps and Candles.

Sorry if this sounds like an advertisement for Sonora..but lots folks know about the Glendale Area and few know about Merchants trying to revive Sonora.

So if any of you gals wonder this way, please let me know and we can have pie and coffee.

Brenda (in Upton)

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2008 :  06:58:29 AM  Show Profile
oh miz brenda .. it is always wonderful to 'brag' about areas of the country that we love!

i love shopping the little stores of sonora .. have not yet been to Claudia's! i'll plan a 'local gurlfren gathering' there soon and bring a buncha' gurlz for a day of fun! i want to see Jaxsoaps .. haven't been there yet!!

soon's this little 'o' of mine is over .. and before the first snowflakes fall .. we'll all gather in SONORA .. be watchin' for more info soon! xo

True Friends * KENTUCKY FRANNIE

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Sonora, Ky Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page