Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 Yardiac organic weed/grass control
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic Yardiac organic weed/grass control Next Topic  

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2008 :  7:54:31 PM  Show Profile
I just ordered some of this to replace the "roundup" I used to use. I didn't like using ROundup but I had to have some way to control this bermuda grass around here or I swear the darn stuff would cover the house and probably try and get inside too!
I just ordered and I will let you all know how it works. Supposedly it is vinegar and lemon juice but at higher acidid levels than what you can buy in the store so it will work. www.yardiac.com is the website and it was a secure site and had LOTS of organic gardening helps depending on what you are needing...pest control too I think.
Anyway...I will let you know how it works. I have grass/weeds coming up between my sidewalk and my rocks that hold down the plastic that is then covered with mulch. Can't really pull it or everything comes up with it....quite a dilemna! LOL! I don't think it cost anymore than Roundup but I usually buy a big one and it lasts so I can't remember what I used to pay for it. This was about $37.00 I think for a gallon or more including tax and shipping.
I guess you could try regular lemon juice and vinegar but I didn't want to mess around. I already tried the boiling water and that did not work. I think most people want to be organic and or "green" but I know years ago there were no products like this...just chemicals so I feel better now because I don't want to hurt the environment or my little insect friends or frog and lizard friends.....you can tell who I hang out with! LOL! Hope this helps and like I said, I will bump this with the results after I get it and use it.

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226

www.farmgirlsam.blogspot.com

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  3:30:36 PM  Show Profile
Okay...I just applied this to my weeds/grass and it is not supposed to rian for a few days so I will see how it works and post again when I see the results! Hopefully I will see results! It has clove oil in it and smells wonderful!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226

www.farmgirlsam.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  06:29:42 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for letting us know about the round-up alternative. I will be very curious to see how well this new stuff works. Keep us posted please!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Yardiac organic weed/grass control Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page