Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I blew out my flip flop... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  10:19:18 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Actually, just got a new pair to replace the one's I broke when I slipped and broke my toe...but to keep in the spirit of Buffett...Hubby and I have officially begun our quest to be beach bums. We have about 6 bins of stuff to sell at the yard sale and all that we have left is what we need for our beach living. SANTA is brining us some board games, we are each getting a straw type cowboy/girl hat and I ordered 6 tall ice tea glass and 6 Margarita glasses (seriously, we have like 3 glasses to drink from an a bunch of mugs). We are going to take a little trip down to Corpus when hubby gets here and check it out.

You must understand I married a man who was going to buy a boat and sail around the warmer parts of the world. We love beachy, Buffett, hammock swaying, tan lining, easy living way of life. We figure we are young and pretty much free, especially since Charlie doesn't need to start school for almost 2-3 years, depending. We have agreed that the week he gets here, Chloe is being put down. I have had nothing but problems with her since I last posted and I told him I will let him put her down, since she is his dog, but if he backs out, then I will take her, no questions about that one. Sad but I need to do what I need to do. He actually agreed with me for the first time on this one.

So, we are planning our flip flop adventures and away we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  1:12:46 PM  Show Profile
Wow! Heather!! Where are you heading to first?
Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  1:17:53 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Corpus first, then we are awaiting to hear about hubby's orders, but we will still keep up our beach adventures. We have options of Texas, Georgia, VA Beach and a few others throughout the south.

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  4:13:13 PM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
Bon Voyage Girlfriend!
My girls and I are closet Parrotheads! Shhhh!
I love the ocean, the bay, sand between my toes (though not in my food) I collect "mermaids", seashells, driftwood and beach stones. All the wood trim on the outside of my house is "driftwood gray". While I don't really get into flamingos, (I do have a couple of Buffett shirts with them) I have blue herons all over.
If I can't have a "farm" I will live on the beach!

Just a funny story: When we moved to the Eastern Shore, everyone told us we would love it over here, because it "never snowed". Well, that very first year, we got a blizzard! Over 3 feet of snow! My girls were in elementary school and were out for 8 days in a row! Don't get me wrong, but I was at the end of my rope. I'm only 5 feet tall, so I couldn't even shovel myself out. The snow was packed up against the sliding glass doors on the deck. By the last day, I snapped. The girls and I got out their Bratz dolls pool party. We turned up the heat, put ole Jimmy on the stereo, pretended the snow was sand dunes, and made "pretend" margueritas! We even put on bikinis, sarongs and zinc oxide on our faces! My husband came in from work (he had a 4x4), took one look at us, turned around, left and came back with a bottle of tequila! Even though I may only have one or two real ones a year, that was one of the nicest things he ever did.

FarmGirl Sister #123

Crafty Bay FarmGirls Chapter

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, either way, you're right." Henry Ford
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  4:52:44 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Sherry, you sound like my kind of gal!!!

After going through so much BS over the past 4 years that we have been together, we figured let's throw caution to the wind and go for it. Even if we end up hating it, we at least tried. Though I don't see how I could hate wearing a bikini everyday adn the smell of coconut wafting through the air. It is funny because we both had dreams of this from when we were both very young, like as kids. I dreamed of taking my beach basics and living in a hut, running my own t-shirt and flip flop and chotsky hut, sleeping in the back. Then I went into the military and though I didn't live in a hut, I live in the barracks, It was simple, clean, we put up tiki lights and we thumb tacked a grass skirt around our sink. I have a few flamingo things- the usual pink lawn ornament who pops up in strange places and a string of flamingo flashing ligths. I love pink, so I had to have a few... : )

Hubby and I live like it is summer everyday. Even in the dead of winter, I will wear a tank top and shorts in the house with my bathrobe over the top.

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I blew out my flip flop... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page