Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

Giovonnia
Astoria New York
USA
49 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2005 :  07:34:58 AM  Show Profile
Dear Farmgirls:

I am a huge fan of Angela Hunt's novels. I have read The Debt, The Awakening and the Canopy. All of these books are great. But her most recent book, Unspoken was by far the best. It's the story of a young woman named Glee who for the past eight years has been in charge of studying and teaching a young gorilla named Sema to communicate with her. She taught her sign language and to watch videos. Glee's world changes when she has to return Sema to the zoo that owns her. Zoo officals wants to turn her into some sort of sideshow attracttion and for her to mate with the other gorillas. Glee feels that Sema is her "baby" and gives her so much unconditional love. I have to warn you this book is a tear-jerker. But I loved the relationship between these two beings and the history of Dian Fossey who studied african gorillas and was killed because she tried to save them from zoos and hunters. I know that you will enjoy this book. If you are not an Angela Hunt fan after reading this book, you will become one. Give it a try.

Giovonnia
New York City Farmgirl
and bookworm beauty

JennyWren
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

USA
201 Posts

Posted - May 02 2006 :  1:33:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi Giovonnia!

Tear jerking books about animals alllllllllways get to me.. Are you familiar with Koko? The gorilla that uses sign language? http://www.koko.org/ My daughter is BIG into this kind of stuff...

I am going to have to check out Angela Hunt's books... Thank you for telling us about them.

Carla...

If you treat an individual as what he is, he will stay that way, but if you
treat him as if he were what he could be, he will become what he could be.
-- Goethe
www.jennywrensurbanhomestead.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  09:15:23 AM  Show Profile
Just wanted to say how much I liked Angela Hunt's "The Awakening". I've enjoyed all her books, but this one is the first I read, and my favorite.
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Angela Hunt fans: Unspoken Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page