Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Beauty secrets of the 'Lipstick' farmgirl
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Beauty secrets of the 'Lipstick' farmgirl Next Topic
Page: of 2

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  2:19:21 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I really like all the ideas and uses of natural things for cosmetic use. I'll try the olive oil for sure.
Thanks for sharing your experiences.
:0)

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Yes! I live in the Scranton, PA "The Office" TV show is based on! LOL LOL
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  4:48:15 PM  Show Profile
I'm all for face food....
I have a whole book on Organic Body Care Recipes.... I love it!

FOOD FIGHT!!!!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens/Mother Hen
http://heirloommavens.blogspot.com
http://harvestthymefarm.blogspot.com

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  4:53:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
If you take a few drops of olive oil on the palm of your hand and then rub your hands together fast it makes a great hand moisterizer.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  5:18:58 PM  Show Profile
I have no problem using food on my face! But I'd have to draw the line with mayonaise!

You've all inspired me. I got up this AM and put my makeup on. I came downstairs and my daughter told me how pretty I looked.

Handmade Soap and More! Try my new Lavender Oatmeal Facial Bar - http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

PROUD FARMGIRL SISTER #100

Edited by - therusticcottage on Oct 10 2008 6:02:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  6:13:05 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Hey, remember someone posted the homemade wax recipe..could someone find that..I can't seem to. That would definitely apply in this topic.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  8:35:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I put make up on today too! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2008 :  5:31:49 PM  Show Profile
Wow, so many cool ideas. I would definatly be interested in the homemade wax recipe. I was once told that for every night you go to bed with your makeup on you age a whole day!! No matter how tired I am that resounds in my head!! Also a quick trick from my sister in law is to get a good match for eyes and lips is to use a little lipstick as your eye shadow or liner and then you match!
Go to Top of Page

clux64
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Celeste
Blair NE
USA
162 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  06:49:39 AM  Show Profile
I am learning so much here...and the thing about going to bed with your makeup on, I've probably aged 40 years from that little faux pas! I have another favorite skin care trick that does NOT involve food (believe it or not). A good cure for acne is aspirin or acetylsalicylic acid. Get some cheap old uncoated aspirin and disolve in a bit of water. Use this as a facial scrub, then let it stay on your face as a mask for 5 minutes or so (I do this in the shower). Do this every day and you will have smaller pores, fewer blackheads, and a radiant blemish free complexion. You can also treat a particularly bad 'zit' by making a little aspirin poultice and treat the offending blemish directly, leaving it on for 30 minutes or so. Aspirin is also an anti-inflamitory so the swelling in the area will be greatly reduced. Just FYI--Acetylsalicylic acid is chemically similar to Salicylic acid which is the main ingrediant in most acne products including that high priced Proactive. This works for me, and a gi-hugey bottle of aspirin at Walgreens (store brand) costs $3.99--less than that if you catch their BOGO free sale.

Celeste

"No matter where you go, there you are"
--Confucious

www.urbanprairiehome.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Beauty secrets of the 'Lipstick' farmgirl Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page