Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 And people wonder HOW we got in trouble...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic And people wonder HOW we got in trouble... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  04:59:25 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081008/ap_on_bi_ge/meltdown_aig

Again, the average person is suffering and they are whooping it up. Do you know how many salaries they could have paid and save a few jobs?? I just don't get it.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

palmettogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

571 Posts

sue
camden south carolina
USA
571 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  06:27:43 AM  Show Profile
the whole thing makes me so mad! the thing is, i'm starting to wonder if it actually even dawns of those execs that what they did was wrong? can they possibly be that stupid?? or are they just so self-absorbed and arrogant to think that the general public is?
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  06:31:37 AM  Show Profile
Those dogs!

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  07:00:37 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Nope- locally, we had a company go under due to the Top executives taking $150,000 bonuses (there were like 8 people) and over 200 people lost their jobs...hmmm..8 x $150,000= Salaries for the working people. I think people REALLY need to voice their opinions. I am all for if you have worked to get to a certain position but one thing I learned as a supervisor is my workers put their pants on the same way I do everyday and I ain't nothing special. Yes, I want to earn as much as I can but if my workers livelihood were on the burner, I would do something about it. It shows how much these people care about their company ,whose shoulders rest of the working class. Makes me sick sick sick!!!!

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  08:22:46 AM  Show Profile
Are you really suprised? If the gov't didn't see that coming they are completly dilusional!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  08:36:59 AM  Show Profile
And that is why the government needed to back off and let them suffer the consequences of their actions. Really, no one comes to bail me out when I do something stupid.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  08:40:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
This whole situation makes me very sad and very angry. I agree. When people are getting multi MILLION dollar_BONUSES_ on top of an already weighty salary, I get really frustrated. I too feel like some of that money should be directed downwards towards those who are working or funneled into paying bills and the such to keep the company a float.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  08:47:10 AM  Show Profile
We are barely scraping by, what a bunch of creeps. I'm just too angry about the entire situation to post on this board. I have pretty harsh words for these people.

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoonsgarden.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  09:30:41 AM  Show Profile
I think they know exactly what they did, they just didn't think they would get caught! I think they should be fired and have to pay it back! The bigger idiot is they superintendent who said he could see value to such a retreat under the circumstances! They spent more on spa treatments than my husband made last year! Most people do not know how to handle money and they get greedy!
The guy who own Costco put a cap on his own salary of 300,000.00 and I know it seems like a lot, but he could take a lot more! He also personally meets with the employees at stores and he pays a fair wage, with a lot of people making $15-20 an hour!
Warren Buffet still lives in the same house he bought years ago for around 30,000.00 when he first got married!
Unfortunately, there are so many people in high positions that can't handle the wealth and spend it wisely! It makes me want to give them all jobs at McDonalds and beater cars and see how they do in the real world!
The only thing that is fair is that one way or another they will get what is coming to them! Whether you want to say you reap what you sow or karma, they ultimately won't get away with it!
I would rather be poor and honest than to be rich and have my conscience so seared that it doesn't bother me if I screw people over! To me that is such a sad existence!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  10:12:05 AM  Show Profile
In Japan, these guys would be committing suicide in disgrace. In America, they still get their bonuses.
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  10:49:51 AM  Show Profile
I just typed out a long, angry response to this and deleted it. I'm far too angry over this whole mess to air it out here. My representatives will be hearing from me - AGAIN!

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

My Website:
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  11:09:54 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Lisa-I am sorry to upset you so!!! (((HUGS))) I know us farmgals will do all we can to make sure this isn't happening. It is just very frustrating.

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

wild daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Madelynne
Billings Montana
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  11:43:59 AM  Show Profile
Anger is the least of my thoughts. What's going to happen next?

First the utilities bills go up then the gas prices are over the top and now homes are over priced leaving us with all this bad debt. Wall Street has a lot to answer for. What ever happened to the simple life?

Madelynne
Go to Top of Page

Laura Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

419 Posts

Laura
Rancho Cordova California
USA
419 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  11:48:36 AM  Show Profile
This makes me angry...I get a lot of buisness people in my place of work who make more money then I will ever see. They won't even leave the nickle in change as a tip for my poor workers who are providing them a service. These people who have all this money forget what it is like to struggle and live paycheck to paycheck. Some of them don't even know. I wish for once the roles where reversed, but I don't think that would help. What I want is for all these professional players and high paying CEO's to start giving just one months salary to a school or to a teacher who teaches our future but gets paid well below what they should. I want the law makers to realize its the little people who provide them with their salary, from us banking, paying taxes, buying gas, the list goes on. I want our service men to be gaurnteed a job of sercurity after they return. I want everything to come full circle, but sadly I realize that this is just a dream. So I will do what I can to make myself happy and help those around me. Since I am in management I do what I can for my workers who work just as hard as I do and do an awesome job. I thank them all the time. I just hope that the government doesn't raise our taxes to pay for their stupid choices of helping people out, because I don't see them helping me out. I would be happy if they just paid one of my student loans off! This makes me mad....and sick
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4741 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4741 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  6:27:52 PM  Show Profile
I was shocked when My husband time me about this story this afternoon. You would think those idiots would behave for awhile first. Time the government took over AIG and fired all of those top executives.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  6:53:09 PM  Show Profile
I was already disgusted, now I am enraged. Here I am, worried about how I am going to pay my heat bill this winter, and these jerks are partying it up on a loophole.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland

Edited by - kissmekate on Oct 08 2008 6:56:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  7:02:38 PM  Show Profile
I have one question in response to this topic.... Why are there banks offering CREDIT CARDS to people who already have bad credit? Especially now... Wouldn't those people be better off saving for items they want or would charge, and SAVE the interest those banks charge. I think we all should look at the Interest we are paying on credit cards we have in our wallets.. I heard that the average .. not sure who that is.. have 8-10 different credit cards they use . NOT this farm girl.... If i can't pay as I go I don't buy it! I got sucked into the easy credit cards and learned my lesson. What does this teach the young people who are just starting out in life?

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Keep life simple, to Simply live. Life is too short to worry about it.
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  7:05:01 PM  Show Profile
These credit ads specifically advertise for the people who have bad credit here is a card for you... How many people really fall for that... I'm afraid MANY!!

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Keep life simple, to Simply live. Life is too short to worry about it.
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  8:19:39 PM  Show Profile
Heather, don't be silly! YOU didn't upset me; it's what those arrogant dogs are doing and the fact that I and others like us are NOT being heard!

Farmgirl Sister #35

My Website:
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  8:47:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Madelynne- I totally agree. It is really sad. Doug and I are working really hard on saving the money to buy something before hand. I suppose we could get into payments for a car for him, be we have decided to wait until we have either the full amount or at least half in cash!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2008 :  05:05:14 AM  Show Profile
I just read yesterday that AIG had a HUGE party after getting their bailout that cost 440,000....And Leiman Brothers said if they would have been helped before they went bankrupt thye were going to give there top 10 guys a mil a piece and the CEO was going to get 5 mil....And if the government thinks that the others arent going to do the same thing they are crazy...Warren Buffet (I think) who bought one of the companys told them when he starts making money from them then thay will make money...That what he did was a business transaction....I am not sure what is going to happen but we as middle america will have to pay for this for a loooonnnngggg time...And in my opinion we are going to have to start taking care of ourselves. That is why we bought our farm and are taking it apon ourselves to make our farm selfsufficiant (sp)....Sorry about the rant...it just makes me furious.
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2008 :  05:32:13 AM  Show Profile
That is exactly what I was so mad about! Irresponsible, elitist behavior! The minute they got that money they were flying out to CA for spa treatments! And if that isn't bad enough, DC is considering giving them MORE money because they LIED about how bad off they really are and LIED about how it all happened. So, let's just reward more bad behavior with even more money!

Farmgirl Sister #35

My Website:
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic And people wonder HOW we got in trouble... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page