Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Welcome Home Ideas needed!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Welcome Home Ideas needed!!!! Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2008 :  7:08:02 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Ok, I've got a little over 3 weeks until hubby is home. I got the go ahead from the apartment place to decorate my outside but I need some ideas. I checked online and it is SOOO $$$$...anyone got some cool ideas for me??? Thanks.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

Laura Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

419 Posts

Laura
Rancho Cordova California
USA
419 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2008 :  7:38:25 PM  Show Profile
Heather! How exciting! Can I ask where he is coming home from, 1st thing I think of is over seas! If this is correct then I am so very happy for you. My brother is over there! So as for the welcome home do we have a theme or any ideas? Do you want lights? Since it is the holidays I think almost everyone everywhere has the holiday lights out including dollar stores. So I'm thinking if you get some strands of lights and then just look through dollar stores that is a good start. Since I'm not sure all the details I don't know where else to take you from there. I'll check in later to see if I can find some more clues! Once again I am so excited for you!
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2008 :  7:53:55 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
HI Laura- yes, he is in the Navy and was over in the Persian Gulf. God Bless your brother and family.

I like the lights idea, I could string them all over the porch. That would be cool..thanks!!!

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Laura Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

419 Posts

Laura
Rancho Cordova California
USA
419 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2008 :  8:07:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi Heather! I'm so happy for you! It's a feeling that can't be described to people who haven't experienced it! God bless your husband and you for doing such a honorable service.
So here are some more ideas, I know our fabric store Joannes here has felt on sale. You can buy some colors from that and make a banner. Then go through the cleanerance talbles and see if they have any patriotic stuff...Since he is coming home right around Halloween and Thanksgiving you can always do something like that have have an early Thanksgiving dinner waiting for him. I'm sure he won't mind two Thanksgivings this year. Home cook food is what a lot of the boys like when they get home! Or just do a good old bbq with all the family. Let me know if I can be helpful in any other way!
He'll be home before you know it! HUGS!
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2008 :  04:19:08 AM  Show Profile
How exciting, Heather. You must be all a-twitter! I'm so glad he's coming home safe. Blessings to all our service men and women!

Sounds like Laura has some great ideas for you. I'm drawing a blank :(

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2008 :  05:26:05 AM  Show Profile
Heather-

How exciting for you that your hubby is returning home after serving our country!

Have you checked www.orientaltrading.com ? They have lots of inexpensive decorations.

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

palmettogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

571 Posts

sue
camden south carolina
USA
571 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2008 :  06:09:46 AM  Show Profile
i thought the idea of 2 thanksgiving dinners was cute! also, can you find red lights and make them in a heart shape???
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2008 :  06:11:38 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Oh nice Ideas ladies!! Thanks..keep them coming!! I think I am going to put my PINK christmas tree up in the bedroom and decorate it with hearts with handwriting sayings on them with lots of white lights. I am going to make him my chicken fried steak and mashed 'taters. He he he!!!!

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

fionalovesshrek
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Paige
kinston North Carolina
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2008 :  3:14:22 PM  Show Profile
We bought the small american flags from Oriental trading company, and put those all up and down both sides of the street leading up to our house. Hubby's dad did a big banner that we hung on the house, flags hung all around the front door. Cupcakes with the letters to spell out "WELCOME HOME DADDY" on the table, a nice clean tub with lots of hot soapy things ready for a BATH, and his favorite dinner (oh, and actual food too hehehe).
P~

www.fionaswampington.blogspot.com

http://homespunhensfarmgirlchapter.blogspot.com/
Man, despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication, and his many accomplishments, owes his existence to a six inch layer of topsoil and the fact that it rains.
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2008 :  3:16:43 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Like the cupcake ideas..Thanks!! I have a bunch of ideas now, just need to figure out what the heck I am doing now!! : 0

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Welcome Home Ideas needed!!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page