Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2008 :  08:04:20 AM  Show Profile
Interesting...so it wasn't just me then at 37 huh? It's a phenomena. Been there and done that...still doing that I suppose. As we mature (I'm 11 years past Heather) seems we "morph" continually into the new you each and everyday. I used to be afraid of what others would think if I changed but not anymore. "They" never know what they will get now because each new day brings new enlightenment. I call it a God thing but whatever you might call it...it works! Funny thing is that sometimes I try something new (like wearing dresses this summer) and after I try it a bit, I go back to the real me (jeans) and decide that wasn't for me even though I thought it was. Same with the apron thing...besides in the kitchen, you're never going to find me in an apron out in the barnyard or the garden. It's just not me and I'm okay with that even here in Apron Central.

Have fun being the you of today!

Jami in WA

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://woolyinwashington.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2008 :  09:15:05 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
It makes me feel that this is just a normal progression in your 30's and 40's. I really don't look at it as a midlife crisis, more of a finally cruising down the right road in my Jeep, hair blowing, George Strait rocking loudly, a Strawberry Limeade to drink and fun to be sought kinda thing..ha!! : )

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2008 :  5:55:20 PM  Show Profile
Geeez, Heather, I wish you lived near me. I am 36 and going through the same "crisis".

I feel like I am going crazy. This summer the real me started to sneak out here and there, and you know what? I kinda like her.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2008 :  6:19:12 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Well you are welcome down from Minnesota anytime you have the urge to run away...sorry won't come north unless it is hot!!! : ) I like your real me side... (HUGS)

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  1:35:03 PM  Show Profile
Mid life Crisis? I think we all go through that..at least I have for the last few years.....use to be I like real promitive stuff, almost the more unfinished the better, now I dont know what you would call it....country/shabby chic/farmgirl..whatever I find at yard sales and thelike...cheap is best...Nice to hear of others that go through the same thing....

Farmgirl Sister #368
http://froccsfrillsfurbiloesandmore.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  9:22:44 PM  Show Profile
I just know I have stuffed the real me inside for so long and ignored her. I was too busy working or raising kids to worry about me. Just trying to survive with my head above water.
I still struggle at times. I am shy and reserved for a long time before I lighten up and let my self have fun. I am afraid of getting hurt again. As I have let more people in, I have finally figured out what I was missing all these years. Love, fun, friendship and more fun.

Oh and Heather, it gets darn hot up here in the summer. Hot and Humid so your hair curls up! (or in my case, it frizzes up.)
Perhaps I may come visit some winter. Like janurary-ish, when it is 20 below.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2008 :  09:32:22 AM  Show Profile
OMG you gurlz are such a crack up

BTW - I thought Heather was taking orders - YES - I'd like to order one mid-life crisis
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2008 :  10:08:04 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Jenn, yours will be in the mail at the introductory price of just $19.95, but IF you order now, you can have 2, YES I SAID 2 mid life crises for the price of 1!!!! : )

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Family Matters: Previous Topic Mid Life Crisis Anyone??? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page