Laura Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

419 Posts

Laura
Rancho Cordova California
USA
419 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2008 :  09:38:56 AM  Show Profile
It has been trying to rain a little hear in LA. We haven't had rain since....January I think...I don't know what the offical date was but it seems like forever. It rained a little last night and it is suppose to rain more. It has finally cooled down. I'm so excited!

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2008 :  11:42:53 AM  Show Profile
Yippee!!!! it rained here this a.m. here on the Central Coast! Hey! I grew up in Burbank!

Go to Top of Page

wild daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Madelynne
Billings Montana
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2008 :  3:48:41 PM  Show Profile
Rain? It snowing up here in the mountains!

I know you need the rain just kidding.

Madelynne
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2008 :  4:03:24 PM  Show Profile
We had a good heavy rain here in Tri-Cities, WA. I heard a loud bang (the blinds on the window casing) and got up to investigate. Penny the Pooch didn't hear a thing. Anyhow when I looked outside it was pouring down rain. What a lovely sound. Didn't have to irrigate this morning. Slept the whole night through to the sound of raindrops and with the window open, the cool smell of rain. What could be better?

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2008 :  5:14:50 PM  Show Profile
I don't think it's rained here in at least 3 weeks. We need it bad. But now so many people are getting in hay. My garden sure could use a good soaking, though.

Kris
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  09:11:06 AM  Show Profile
It's raining, it's pouring!!!!! Finaly! I am so thankful for this rain. It just rained all night and this morning while I did all my animal stuff it only barely sprinkled! God is so good! And now it's pouring again. It has not rained here in a month. So we sure need it.

My pigs were out in the sprinkling rain and when it started raining hard they went into the shelter we built a few weeks ago. They haven't needed it til now. It was funny seeing them running into it.

The ducks just stand there soaking it up. They love the rain.

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  09:13:34 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Snow??? RAIN??? Oh my!!! It's 81 right now...awww Texas!!! Sorry, I shoveled snow for the first 21 years of my life and I decided I just can't do it anymore. We do need some rain down this way though.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  11:54:29 AM  Show Profile
Oh- I wish it would rain...we had a brief sprinkle-tease of fall- last weekend,now its in the high 80's here in Sunny Ca!!!Sumthin about pumpkins on the porch and Halloween decor when you are in shorts and trying to stay cool thats just wrong!!! LOL!

Go to Top of Page

Laura Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

419 Posts

Laura
Rancho Cordova California
USA
419 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  12:10:05 PM  Show Profile
Yay! The rain lasted for the weekend! Now it is gone and it was in the 100s yesterday and it is going back up there again...I agree...this warm weather during October...I'm not digging it...Oh well it was a nice change when we had it. It hasn't rained here since February...maybe March...it's been months.....
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  2:00:34 PM  Show Profile
Kristin, I did the happy rain dance today as well! My cats just sat in the open windows acting as if they have never seen rain before! Oh, yeah, that's right, it's been 27 days here in Atlanta since we had rain! Ah, I love the sound. God is indeed good!

Dana

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
www.schultztroupe.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  2:35:29 PM  Show Profile
It's been POURING here in Elma for the past week. My dh is working at Sea-Tac right now though and he said it just rains off and on there. I guess our proximity to the coast is dumping on us here at home!!!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

Hanalu
True Blue Farmgirl

123 Posts

Hana
Redwood City California
USA
123 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  10:27:10 PM  Show Profile
I know how you feel Laura Marie....I am in the Bay Area and it hasn't rained here in months either, with the exception of last week when we got a mini rain. I was soooo excited as I love the rain! As usual, it didn't last long and now its hot again! I can't wait for it too be nice crisp fall weather!I want to wear my cute jackets!
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic We got a little rain! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page