Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Sit and Have a Cup of Tea With Me!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Sit and Have a Cup of Tea With Me! Next Topic  

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2008 :  10:00:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Hello farmgirl friends. It has been so long since I have had the opportunity to chat with you and I have missed doing so. So, this afternoon, I have fixed myself a hot cup of tea and I am sitting down to do just that.

My absence from the forum has been due to some very exciting life changes for me and hubbs. We have made the decision to move full-time to our farm, tear down the existing farmhouse (which needed way too much work and was a heating/cooling nightmare)...and build a log home. We are in the tearing down faze right now and should be able to start construction in about a month. I will keep my farm blog updated with pictures as it happens. For now, time spent on the farm is in a little 20 x 20 A-frame cabin...just the necessities here (of course internet IS a necessity!)

This move will be the fulfillment of a lifelong dream for me. Please stop by and visit me on my blog from time to time...and please leave me a comment. Life on the farm is very rural...no one to talk to during the day but the animals, so I will very much enjoy hearing from all of my farmgal friends!!

Hugs to you all!
Bev

Visit my blog at: www.sewonandsewfourth.blogspot.com
Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons for sale at: www.apronmaven.blogspot.com

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2008 :  11:42:31 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
WOW Bev,
Good for you guys, it sounds heavenly!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
Mae West

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2008 :  12:08:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Congratulations! I'm very happy for you both, Bev. And I'll be checking all those pics on your blog. Keep us updated, please!

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2008 :  12:44:59 PM  Show Profile
YAY!!! What a good feeling for you both. Will be watching your blog for pics. Congrats. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2008 :  1:53:05 PM  Show Profile
What a great move on your part. Congratulations.. Change is wonderful. Enjoy each day and take lots of before & after pictures as you go..

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Keep life simple, to Simply live. Life is too short to worry about it.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2008 :  2:03:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Congrats, Bev! Looking forward to posting with you more frequently now and checking in on your blog too!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2008 :  4:37:23 PM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
Wow, that is simply wonderful! A log cabin, always been a dream of mine. Please keep us entertained with lots of pics and day to day adventures of the building process. What fun. How long will it take and are you working on it too? I love construction, hope I am not too nosy! Good luck.

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2008 :  03:03:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Well....we have told ourselves that by the end of next summer we should be completely moved in. I'm not sure but I think it will be sooner. Things have been moving so fast so far. We shall see.

I will be on site most of the time and would love to help. I have always loved carpentry so this will be right up my alley. I am sure I will have a bunch of painting to do when the time comes....a few of the rooms I would like to have a couple drywall walls just for a splash of color...otherwise it gets to be just a little too much wood for my taste.

Visit my blog at: www.sewonandsewfourth.blogspot.com
Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons for sale at: www.apronmaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

chickabella
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

D. A.
Austin... ish, Texas
177 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2008 :  04:09:30 AM  Show Profile
I started laughing as I read the title of this post; had just made a cup of hot chai, and was settling in to read the MJF! :-)

I know what it's like to only have the critters to talk to during the day. Spouse is gone for days at a time, and I work an overnight shift as well, so there's only the chickens, geese and dogs to chat with at home.

Farm blog: http://farmnatters.blogspot.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/dasparky
Heart of Texas Farmgirls Chapter; Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #275

Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2008 :  05:46:34 AM  Show Profile
How exciting for you! You'll have to post your log home in progress photos for us to see.

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2008 :  05:55:44 AM  Show Profile
Beverly, Where in PA are you located? I am near Harrisburg.
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2008 :  05:58:42 AM  Show Profile
How exiting, Bev! I love you're little A frame. It looks so nice and cozy. I look forward to watching the progress you guys make.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Sit and Have a Cup of Tea With Me! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page