Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 OCTOBER is Breast Cancer Awareness Month..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic OCTOBER is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.. Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  8:32:39 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Ladies, first, let's say a prayer, send good vibes, think good thoughts, send a little positive juu juu to ALL the women and their families and friends affected by this disease. The power of being positive can go far!!!

Secondly, let's get active!! I would like to use this post to put any information out there that you may think might help save even 1 woman from this terrible disease. Tips, diet, exercise, alternatives,treatments, your own personal stories, whatever!!! Let's put the light on this one and make it a priority!!!

Let's all make a pledge to do 3 things. Here are mine:

What I am doing:
1. Monthly exam and scheduling my FIRST mammogram.
2. Wearing pink once a week (until I can buy more...you KNOW I LOVE <3 pink!!) to keep myself and other aware of this disease.
3. Research into lifestyle choices that may be helpful in prevention or slowing down of this disease.

Let's all join hands and do something!!!

Who is with me!!!!!!!!!!

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2008 :  07:20:01 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Bump...I think this important...thanks!!!

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2008 :  07:32:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Just wanted you to know I am right there with you on this Heather.

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

People can only make you feel inferior with your permission, and you dont have my permission......

Dont let the chain of love end with you.....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2008 :  07:46:09 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Amanda. I know there are many other causes that so desperately need our attention but I don't want another FARMGIRL friend or any woman I know to be touched by this!! I knew a woman who passed away from breast cancer at 29, within 6 months of being diagnosed. She had 2 small kids and was embarking on a new career as a hairstylist. Such a shame and I know this happening everyday. Thanks for the support.

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  11:33:56 AM  Show Profile
Heather, I just went last week for a mamogram. Thank goodness I got good news back in just a few days. My gyno wanted me to get one back in May but I thought since I've had a few before and noone in my family ever had breast cancer, I am ok. But my fiend, Libby, was just diagnosed with stage 2 lobular cancer, and it kind of got me to make the appt. and go on in. Even though my insc. doesn't pay a penny. She's my age, just 50. She has to go in the morning for a masectomy. They will check for cancer in her lymph nodes. If there is any sign, they will take them all while they're in. If there is any sign there, she'll have to do chemo and radiation. If not, they'll see what happens then.

That should be a wake up call to those of us who know someone who is going through this, to go ahead and get checked, too. You just never know.

Thanks for bringing this up. Please remember Libby in your prayers.

Kris
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  11:53:08 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Kristin- Thank you for going and I pray for Libby.

I have lumby boobies..I had a scare last year with what turned out to be one big cyst filled with a LOT of fluid. It was drained and has gone away. Believe me...I just about,excuse my french...s**t myself when they found something. My whole life literally changed that day. I am lucky that is was just a cyst but darn it, I am going to make sure NO other woman or family has to go through the 2 weeks of heck we did. (((HUGS)))

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Quintessential Kate
True Blue Farmgirl

175 Posts

Kate
Tyler TX
USA
175 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  10:41:41 AM  Show Profile
I am scheduled to have my "mammies grammed" today at 3:15. Although I do my monthly self exam, I have not had a mammography for quite a few years. There is a fear factor...not for the pain, but being frightened that they might find something. Which, is actually a good thing......if they find it, it can be treated. I listened to Robin Roberts last week and she said that she actually found her lump during a self exam...but when she went for a mamo it did not show up. She said she INSISTED on having ULTRASOUND....and that's when they confirmed the lump, which we all know turned out to be malignant. Maybe we should start a buddy system...so we can email our buddy once a month to remind her to do her self exam.
My sis-in-law has been fighting the fight for several years now. I join in on the Susan G. Koman activities here in my town. In may I did the 5K........and felt great after it was over..
Ciao,Kate

Heart of Texas
Chapter
AKA: Hot Farmgirl #234
http://quintessentialkate.blogspot.com

Today is my best day!
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2873 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2873 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  11:14:22 AM  Show Profile
Just had mine done & was a little nervous, as it was going on 2 yrs. It was right before I was gonna go to miss wilma's & they called me Friday night. & they usually only call if you need to go back. I was so mad that I was gonna have to fret the whole time I was at miss wilma's. Well they said, "Everything is normal".. Yippee!! I have never had them call when it was normal, just the one time(my 1st mammo) when I had a cyst that they wanted to look at in an ultrasound. So needless to say, I had a worry free visit at miss wilmas.
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic OCTOBER is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page