SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  4:43:29 PM  Show Profile
After all the searching around, We finally got us two baby Dwarf nigerian goats (will post some pic soon). They are so small and cute! We are bottle feeding them. We named them simple names so that my grandson could say them "Ko-Ko" since he is chocholate colored and "Rosi".

"A mother is someone you never outgrow your need for"

http://drycreekfarms.blogspot.com

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  5:03:21 PM  Show Profile
Hey, congratulations!! Nigerian Dwarf goats are great. We have 2 bucks and 3 does, two of which are expecting kids in two weeks!! Enjoy!!
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  12:39:21 PM  Show Profile
Oh how fun!! I have 19 nigies!!! And a few more expected in January... YIKES!!! I started with 3 does and one buck-- then got 4 more does and another buck and, of course they've "multiplied" since then! (but the breedings here are VERY stict-- for the most part anyway. The bucks have gotten out a few times.... sigh....)

I have to say, they are like Potato chips. You can't have just ONE!! Not to mention that they are so small it doesn't seem like so MANY!!! Have fun with those sweet babies!!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

yasmine
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

yasmine
wappingers falls ny
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  10:47:14 AM  Show Profile
Congrads!!!
We have 1, female, calico!!!

Have Fun with them!!!!!!

yasmine
Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2008 :  09:09:44 AM  Show Profile
They are very sweet babies! These are are first of this breed. Any good site for info that any of you can recommend?

Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2008 :  11:25:20 PM  Show Profile
I don't really know of any specific Nigerian Dwarf sites, but I do know of two really good GOAT sites-- Sannendoah and Fiasco farm. Both sites have a wealth of goat info ranging from healthcare to poisonous plants, kidding to hoof trimming, proper feeding and housing etc... While they might not have EXACTLY what you're looking for, they are worth checking out. I printed a lot of information from both sites a few years ago and keep it in my "Goat Files." It's come in handy more times than I can count!

There is also a site on goat genetics that is quite interesting-- it is mostly about the color/pattern genes found in the breed. I can't remember off hand what it's called, but if you are interested I can find it for you-- somewhere around here I have a packet of info printed from that site and it has the web address on it.

Enjoy your new "kids!" ~~~ Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

snowberryfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

132 Posts

Michelle
Central Wa WA
USA
132 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2008 :  11:58:33 PM  Show Profile
That is wonderful...you will love them. We got our first two nigerian goats in May, and coincidentally, we named our boy Cocoa too! (Although spelled differently). He is calico, and our girl is blonde, and her name is Buttercup. There are pictures of them on my blog. I just love them. I am learning about them right along with you.

Michelle
www.snowberryfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2008 :  5:42:46 PM  Show Profile
Just checked out Fiasco farm (Thanks Tracy) and saved it to my favorites. I am gonna start a goat notebook to put the info in. Thanks girls for you help.

Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Goats again!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page