Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Inexpensive fall/Halloween decorating
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Inexpensive fall/Halloween decorating Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  06:51:47 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I don't have very much money to decorate but would like to do something. I usually by one large pumpkin and a small one for Charlie. What else can I do that is inexpensive but fun? Thanks.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  07:08:13 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I always make a homemade scarecrow that sits on the front porch. He could sit anywhere actually. I stuff jeans or sweatpants with newspaper, a shirt...preferably plaid or denim, and sit boots below the legs and use gloves for the hands. Head can be made with any halloween face type mask,they can be bought in a dollar store. Or you could use pumpkin for the head. I have also stuffed a pillowcase or fabric, tan or white or pink...for the head. I've used a good pillowcase and washed it and kept it after I was done! Put a hat on it...straw or even stocking hat...any hat will do. I have also used a witch hat sometimes, also bought a the dollar store. I do this without spending any money! My kids helped me since they were babies and could barely walk, they loved the stuffing part and wadding up the newspaper. Have fun!

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Yes! I live in the Scranton "The Office" is based on! LOL LOL
Go to Top of Page

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  07:13:05 AM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
The girls and I made "tissue" ghosts one year. You ball up one tissue (or napkin, whatever, Take another and drape it over it to hang down, tie a string around the "neck". Then run a string up through the "head" to hang it. It flutters in the breeze. (Or completely blows away in a strong wind! Whatever, it was fun)

FarmGirl Sister #123

Crafty Bay FarmGirls Chapter

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, either way, you're right." Henry Ford
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  08:35:46 AM  Show Profile
Acorns, chestnuts, leaves etc. They are all free and put in a bowl look great. You can let the kids find them .
Or maybe buy a couple of those fake pumpkins in one of the craftstores, Michaels I think??
Or go to the Dollar store, lovely things I saw last year (bought some too, lol)

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://princess-of-pink-creations.blogspot.com/
my new BLOG.
I have added "new" creations, take a look :)
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  09:01:21 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for the ideas. I just found this cute project to do with Charlie...

http://www.kidssoup.com/Halloween/Crafts/Halloween_FootprintGhost.html

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Inexpensive fall/Halloween decorating Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page