Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Pictures of yarn, maybe....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Pictures of yarn, maybe.... Next Topic  

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  08:33:35 AM  Show Profile
Okay, once again, i am dumber than a bag of hammers. I cannot figure out how to post pictures again....it is very annoying, I have read the instructions, attempted posting pictures, but I give up!

I'll have to get my daughter to help me later. Well the fair was lovely, beautiful sunny day, nice breeze, we got hauled down a dirt road in an old farmcart behind a big old John Deere tractor and deposited at the fairgrounds. Lots of animals to look at, unfortunately my animal pictures didn't come out at all, but I do have a few nice ones of yarn and roving.

I sent my quilt off to Houston last week, due to arrive Monday, and then UPS told me yesterday that the quilt was undeliverable because of weather problems and that it was on its way back to me, due back on the 29th, and I'm leaving at 4 a.m the thirtieth, and I figured I was out of the show because my quilt would be really late. I called the number for the quilt wrangler all day yesterday, always busy, and in the meantime I'm just ready to vomit with anxiety, well you know how it feels when the rug has been ripped out from under you? So this morning I got ahold of someone on the phone and they told me not to worry, just ship it back to them, everyone's quilts are going to be late. So now I'm going to go make some coffee and get moving. I was up most of the night reading a whodunit, so I'm going to need to load up on the caffeine....

Hope all is well with all of you, thanks for letting me spew my anxiety in a safe place...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  08:52:37 AM  Show Profile
Hey Karin, Spew away...:0) Yes, I know what it feels like to have that rug pulled out! I am soooo glad you got in touch with someone..I figured everything may run a bit behind after the hurricane...the place is a mess right now.

Just post the pictures on your blog...it's actually much easier and faster.

Hugs to you...

Stephanie
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com ~~~Crochet, Sewing, Life Collections & Recollections Blog
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.blogspot.com Vintage & Modern Fabric, Fiber & Yarn Blog
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com ~~~~~Go Shopping at my Website Catalog!!
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  10:17:03 AM  Show Profile
Ditto Stephanie~post on your blog.
Otherwise you have to upload them to something like photobucket and insert the "IMG" code into your message.
Did you notice who responded right off? The 2 yarn whores! ROFL

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ BLOG
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  12:26:03 PM  Show Profile
Karin I do hope things calm down for you! I know exactly what you are talking about!!

Bonne, make that 3! I have been looking for someone to chat about yarn with!! I checked out the video on your blog! Great job!

Stephanie, I have not forgotten about the silk thread, Just didn't think of the fact that I have to set the twist before I send it off! I am going to spin abit more and then after it's set I will send you a little bit that you could actually use!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  2:13:07 PM  Show Profile
Monica, that's fine...whenever you have a snippet for me to pet is just fine :0)

Stephanie
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com ~~~Crochet, Sewing, Life Collections & Recollections Blog
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  3:03:05 PM  Show Profile
Oh Karin,
I am so glad that you got a hold of someone and that your anxiety with it all backed down. Will just have to go to your blog and see those pictures if that is easier.
And what whodunit were you reading, now you have my curiosity.

Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  3:18:07 PM  Show Profile
Karin,
What a wonderful honor to know that your quilt was accepted in Houston. I would like to see a picture of it. Several acquaintances of mine will be there for the show. I was supposed to go, but $$ got in the way. Maybe next year. I know one of the gals will send me photos of all the wonderful quilts. RaNae Merrill will be showing her new book called Simply Amazing Spiral Quilts. You must look for her quilt while you are there.

Congratulations
Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2008 :  12:48:33 PM  Show Profile
Hey Betty,

Here's the link to Karin's quilt picture..I bumped up the topic in the sewing area also...
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24787

Stephanie
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2008 :  3:28:32 PM  Show Profile
Betty, Unfortunately I won't be able to go to Houston to see the quilts. I will look up your friend's quilt book on Amazon. One can never have too many books, or pieces of fabric....

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2008 :  3:34:21 PM  Show Profile
Karin, you are a TRUE quilter.

Betty in Pasco

Edited by - Betty J. on Sep 26 2008 3:42:25 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Pictures of yarn, maybe.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page