nampafarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

494 Posts

Kim
Nampa ID
USA
494 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  12:32:36 PM  Show Profile
Mu HB has been taking omeprezol (and other types of this med) for acid reflux for a few years now. We have noticed other health issues that are happening to him, ie, eye sight is getting worse, bones ache, etc.. We have gone to Dr after Dr, nothing wrong with him, hmm, maybe its time to see a shrink, JK. anyway, his father has the same issue (he has a PhD in cat nutrition, can you beleive this cats being dime a dozen and he gets paid to make them live longer healthier lives, lol had to throw that in there, and yes, I have two cats) back to the story, he did some research and found that takign acid reflux meds cause the body nto to be able to absorb Vitamin D and B. Thse vitimins help the nervous system. HB dad's head used to shake and had eye sight issues. Well after dad started his Vitimins B and D, his head stopped shaking and his eyesight is much better. My HB started taking his Vitimins a month ago and last night while driving home, he all of a sudden relaized he was driving without his glasses on, his eyesight is getting better.

Kim
Farmgirl Sister # 302

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  2:42:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow! I will have to tell my brother in law about this and my grandfather!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  3:33:36 PM  Show Profile
Good information to have , thank you for sharing it, I was just given some anti acid prescriptions after an adventure with a bleeding ulcer. I will definitely remember to take my vitamins!

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  3:41:10 PM  Show Profile
wow! i think that's quite amazing... first of all, that the doctor's couldn't figure out what was wrong. second, that a little personal research goes a long way. third, that natural products can have such drastic effects on the body. the body knows what it needs.
i have IBS, fairly similar to all those other stomach ailments such as acid reflux. the pills they gave me worked. but they were basically muscle relaxers! so every time i took them, i felt , shall i say, a bit high. obviously i couldn't focus on work because i felt loopy. i finally told my doc i couldn't keep taking them, i don't feel right about them. ever since then i've tried to lead a more conscious lifestyle: take in more fiber, be aware of my symptoms, excercise, drink water. i havn't had nearly the problems i had when i was on those stupid pills!
i just can't take pills anymore. i don't feel right about them. so i try to do research to figure out what i can do naturally.
this situation reminds me of that movie "lorenzo's oil"... to think that olive oil helped a disease that pills couldn't...
good luck in the future and hope all goes well with these ailments.

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy."
-Guillaume Apollinaire
Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  5:53:58 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for this info, I also take omeprezol and have for many years. If I miss one day, I fell like my chest is on fire and it is awful. About a month ago I started taking centrum and also vitamin b complex - waiting on good things to work here.

"A mother is someone you never outgrow your need for"

http://drycreekfarms.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

nampafarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

494 Posts

Kim
Nampa ID
USA
494 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  09:52:47 AM  Show Profile
Elizabeth, I also have stomach issues. I have a book, Be Good to you Gut. Its a small paperback book. (black) It talks about stomach and digestive issues. Give it a try. It speaks of certain foods that upset your stomach. I like it cos its an easy reader. I find that onions, garlic and bell peppers are a problem for me. I can eat them in small amounts but not daily. As I get older, more wise I am sure, I can now deteact when its another food that biothers me, or maybe not the actual food but only they ways its cooked. For instance, I am noticing a problem with eggs. If they are the biggest portion of the meal, they make me ill, but only if their fried. if they are scrambled or in a quiche I am fine.

Kim
Farmgirl Sister # 302
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Omeprozel Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page