Page: of 2

bushelnpeck
True Blue Farmgirl

262 Posts

Debbie
Sparks Nv
USA
262 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  08:08:51 AM  Show Profile  Send bushelnpeck an AOL message
Monica, Please send me the other two farmgirls names and addresses, I did receive Marly's. Thank you...Debbie

Farmgirl Sister #324

duty makes us do things, but love, makes us do things beautifully...
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  08:33:00 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Monica,
What a lovely idea. I have been reading through the thread and really like the idea of "farmgirl in need" thread. Can you get a specific "immediate needs list" from Marly. It sounds like she needs everything, but if there is no place to put it it could be burdensome for her to get "Stuff". I would love to have a specific needs... like dry goods, or whatever her likes and needs are so we can send them. The paypal thing seems complicated and troublesome to me. However, a list of needs would be easier. Also, if the gals in need arent open to being singled out maybe needs can be sent to a local chapter and sent out from there, or hand delivered in some cases.

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
Mae West

Edited by - ruralfarmgirl on Sep 25 2008 08:33:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  09:02:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Good idea Rene' about the specific needs. We truly want to be able to give what she does need as well as maybe something to cheer them a bit.

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  09:52:50 AM  Show Profile
Rene, I am not sure of specifics at this moment! I know that they have a huge mess to clean up and I know that for Marly all of the furniture is ruined! I will see if I can find out more specifically what is needed! The biggest thing for Marly at the moment might just be the moral support! She said she would love to sit down with a cup of coffee and read snail mail from the ladies!

I have also found out that Caron's mom and dad could use some help! Their whole neighborhood in Orange, Texas was flooded very bad! They had at least waist deep water in their house and Caron and family have been trying to help clean up! Caron has posted about it under Chapter Chatter- Texas Chapter!

I will see what I can find out! I do know Caron's mom likes tropical patterns with palm trees and stuff like that!

Thank you all so much!!Caron said FEMA is there, but not much is happening!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

neighsayer
True Blue Farmgirl

81 Posts

Shirley
Arabi GA
USA
81 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  1:22:55 PM  Show Profile  Send neighsayer a Yahoo! Message
Kinda like a baby registry. Suggestion... perhaps prepare a list and as people purchase things they can add their name next to the item on the list so she doesn't end up with 50 of one thing? Just a suggestion.

Thank God I live in the country!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  2:53:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
You ladies are amazing! What a great way to show Farmgirl spirit!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  3:03:35 PM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
I like this idea of helping out eachother and the list of needs might be easier to fill. I would love to help anyway I can!!

Marcy #257

When I stand before God at the end of my life I hope that I would not have a bit of talent left and could say “I used everything You gave me”.(erma bombeck)
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  4:26:45 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I am SO IN.. whatever you decide. I think it would be so great if we could send some of "our Beautiful" creations to help them get re-established too, I will email you for the address.

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
Mae West

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  5:06:09 PM  Show Profile
Rene, got your e-mail and I sent one back!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Farmgirl Fund!! Please Read!! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page