Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Apron Fest This Friday Spokane Farmgirl Blessings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Apron Fest This Friday Spokane Farmgirl Blessings Next Topic  

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  08:45:56 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone! Just a reminder that we will have our "Apron Fest" this Friday at my house at 6:30 pm. Bring an appetizer to share and whatever "apron fixins" you want . . . you can swap fabric or patterns, share ideas and just have fun. This is a "non-agenda" party . . . just meant to have fun! If a couple of you can bring sewing machines, that would be great. If you aren't on our email list, email me through this forum and I will send you directions to my house. Look forward to seeing each of you this Friday!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  09:06:21 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
You're taking pictures, right??? You will have to fill me in with ALL of the details OK?

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  10:17:24 AM  Show Profile
Hi Rene,
Yes, I will make sure to take pics . . . and Grace (Katmom) and Pamela (photobug) are both into taking pics, so we should have lots!

Sorry you can't be there . . . have fun this weekend!!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  11:46:32 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I really, really want to be there too. My Prosserfarmgirls are getting together tonight at my house... We are having a "cut it out and Pin it up" party.. we haven't gotten to the sewing yet :). I will take pictures too. Have a blast for me, OK?

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
Mae West

Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  5:19:12 PM  Show Profile
Yay!!! I'll be there, Brenda! Got an apron I've been meaning to make for years that I hope to get going on. See y'all then! Judy

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  7:05:22 PM  Show Profile
So glad you are coming, Judy! Rene . . . how did your cut out and pin up party go?!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  07:31:43 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
We had such a blast. I posted a icture on "Pin it up cut it out" thread. Wish I were able to be at yours :(

Mae West

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  5:07:49 PM  Show Profile
I'll be there, I'll be there, sew machine in one arm and fabric under the other & probablly a bag hanging from my teeth w/a store bought snack to share w/the gals!!!.
So,,is it Friday yet??? I am so ampted! hee hee hee!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Sep 25 2008 5:08:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  5:11:00 PM  Show Profile
oh you betcha I'll have a camera...."job security" lol!
Oh & Rene, have fun at your "Pin-Up" party, you Diva you!,,,giggle giggle!

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  5:45:23 PM  Show Profile
Oh no! Grace and Rene at it again watch out all of you they is wilddddddddddddddd ones

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2008 :  11:34:12 AM  Show Profile
LOL! Miss Wilma! Grace has been mistake for Lucille Ball on more than one occasion . . . Rene, I am glad your cut up party was a success. I just made a scarecrow to greet the ladies tonight . . . his head keeps falling off, so don't be frightened if you pull up to a "headless scarecrow."

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  8:03:53 PM  Show Profile
ok, so as is my usual self,,,I was late meeting up w/ Pickles & Firemama,,,,but we made it to Brenda's all in one piece...
oh my word! Brenda's home smelled of Autumn...she had spiced cider in the pot and all kinds of good foods to snack on. She even had one of her homemade candles scenting the room. Brenda's fur babies were ever so sweet to us as well as entertaining.
Brenda's sidewalk was decked out in Autumn-mania....including a gate that said "please don't spit on the sidewalk"...lol! as well as some really frightful scarecrows...yea, right! lol!

Twixt & tween the food, fabric & fravolity we did manage to get some sewing done, but we never skipped a beat when it came to gabbing which we are all pretty good at. lol!

Yes, I did bring my camera & even a second set of batteries....but for what ever reason my camera decided to die on me....not to mention I lost all my pictures on my memory stick...note to self-self, always download your pic's....So in true Lucy fashion I 'goofed up' but at least Tanya had her camera & we got a few pic's.

Brenda had a "Lucy sewing moment",,, for once it was not me! haha!
Judy, Tanya, Michelle & Heather worked on their aprons and Amanda was finishing her needle work on a pillow case that she was working on. I on the other hand was to busy stuffing my face w/yummy foods and fussing w/my camera to get much of anything done. My Bad!
All in all we had a great time and look forward to our next get together.
Thanx Brenda for opening your home to us and to your sweet husband & sons for hiding down stairs while we gals partied!

>^..^<

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Sep 27 2008 8:07:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  08:56:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
I second that Thank you Brenda for hosting. When I got home, my husband said " you were seriously sewing and talking until almost midnight!" LoL, I guess we will have to come to my house once so he can see/hear us in action.Thanks again ladies

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

People can only make you feel inferior with your permission, and you dont have my permission......

Dont let the chain of love end with you.....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  10:01:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh my gosh ladies! I wish I could have come! It sounds like such an awesome time! Are you going to post pictures of your products?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  11:02:59 AM  Show Profile
What a wonderful treat it was! I just can't thank Brenda enough for inviting me and scheduling it late enough for me to come. Wow! My smile muscles hurt from so much happy visiting and seeing everyone's creative projects. Brenda's home should be featured in a magazine, it is so darling, warm, and inviting. The perfect setting to recharge and enjoy. The evening did fly right by and it was hard to go, even though it was getting late. It was so GOOD. I think the Rosalia chapter is going to have to schedule some sewing parties too. Much better than working alone and not having friends to help work through those sewing dilemmas that always pop up.

We make a difference. http://huckleberrywine.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  1:02:39 PM  Show Profile
Yes, girls we did have fun didn't we!! And thanks for all the nice comments on my home . . . I love autumn decor . . . something about it just makes me want to "nest." And yes, Grace is right . . . I did have a Lucy moment . . . trying to make my fabric go further than the pattern said I could!! LOL! But I think, after staying up until 2 am that night, I figured it out . . . though I had to add gossetts that were not originally there! LOL! Tanya, if you can post pics (or email them to me to post) that would be wonderful! Thanks again girls . . . next month I think we will be at Grace's abode.

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2008 :  10:50:07 PM  Show Profile
Yep-a-doodle! my place for the next one. I will let you know the date....
oh & Brenda,,,guess what I forgot to get from you? haha, my chock blocks for the motorhome...I promise one of these days I will remember to pick them up! lol!
>^..^<

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2008 :  06:53:45 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Sounds like you all had so much fun! Grace thanks for the description as I can almost smell the "autumn house". I think I will be driving right past you on my way to the airport Tuesday morning (flying out 7:10 am to Iowa), think I will come up the night before (maybe)... we will see... anyway, If you feel a breeze it is me waving to you!

Mae West

Edited by - ruralfarmgirl on Oct 02 2008 06:55:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2008 :  09:46:44 AM  Show Profile
The apron fest _was_ tons of fun. I am eternally grateful to Grace for her consultation on my "without a pattern" apron, which I got almost done that night (after having the material and thinking about it for, oh five or six years!). Grace is a wonderful seamstress and she also worked with Brenda on figuring out her apron. And in spite of what she said, she _did_ get some sewing done on her own apron too, so she wasn't just stuffing her face and gabbing! Grace is a powerhouse, and gracious to boot!
Saturday morning, I planned to finish my apron, just needed to make and attach the ties and a loop around the neck (it's a bib apron, for a messy farmgirl) and my thread kept breaking...I managed to tough it out through the ties, and got them made and attached, but I still need the loop around the neck...sigh. I did my technotard best at troubleshooting, even breaking out the manual, and cleaned out (ahem!) about a pound (well, a LOT anyway) of lint, and tried all kinds of adjustments, to no avail. Could have something to do with it not being serviced in about 6 years...ya think?!?!?!?!?!? Anyhow, I figure since I'm "just a craft sewer" I don't sew all that much, but when I look back at just the four years, I sewed up a duvet, 7 panels of curtains for my bedroom, 2 panels for the dining nook, many small dream pillows, about a dozen rag dollies and dresses, and other things I know I'm forgetting, but it would definitely mean that I should have had it serviced long ago. So it will go off to a shop and come back just in time to really hit it for Christmas sewing projects.
ANYHOW, FarmGirl gatherings are so much fun, and just what I needed after a stressful week at work, which wasn't mentioned once the whole entire evening! Thanks to the Farmgirl Blessings chapter! See you next time! Judy

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Apron Fest This Friday Spokane Farmgirl Blessings Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page