prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  1:54:36 PM  Show Profile
what do you ladies like to make for the big game? either at the game or watching from home?

chili is one of my favorites. i can let it cook in the crock pot all day and by the time the game comes on, the smells are driving me crazy and it tastes like heavan!

i've started making saucy meatballs in the crock as well.

and of course, bratwurst on the bbq... my hubby's a green bay packers fan from wisconsin so it's kind of a family tradition to eat brats!

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  2:14:01 PM  Show Profile
potato skins are great and nachos.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

City_Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Christina
Omaha Nebraska
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  3:18:32 PM  Show Profile
one of my favorites are jalapeno's stuffed with cream cheese then wrapped in bacon and grilled. the second favorite is homemade sweet and spicy baked chicken nuggets.

Christina
Farmgirl Sister #195
http://justacitychick.blogspot.com/

Although no one can go back and make a brand new start; anyone can start from now
and make a brand new end.
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  04:54:40 AM  Show Profile
My MIL used to make these little fattening processed broiled open-faced sandwiches. She'd cook up sausage/hamburger and add a little onion/garlic/pepper. Then she'd unload a block of processed cheese (velveeta) and get it all melty. Then she'd spoon a heap onto those little rye toast breads. She would also freeze them flat. Then she could just throw them in a ziploc. She'd pull out this big bag of frozen snacks, put them on a cookie sheet and broil em. YUM! They did NOT last long!!!
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  05:40:51 AM  Show Profile
Pizza, wings, subs and/or dips with veggies and chips. Like the brats are a Green Bay tradition, pizza, wings and subs are a Buffalo tradition. Well, so is beef on weck but I haven't even seen kimmelweck rolls since I left NY.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  07:46:32 AM  Show Profile
We like anything Tex-Mex. The 7 layer dip is our fav.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2012 :  3:22:58 PM  Show Profile
I'd like to add crawfish or shrimp boudin or alligator boudin.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Farmer Judy
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Judy
North Aurora IL
USA
433 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2012 :  06:53:31 AM  Show Profile
We make the basics, spinich dip with hawian bread, cheese and sausage plate, sometimes little hot dogs with bbq sauce, and the ones we cannot hold onto is rumaki. I have even taught my daughter to make it so now we have three people in the house so we can always have it fresh. Take a package of bacon and cut the package in half so you have twice as many but shorter. Get a can of water chesnuts. Foil a cookie pan so it will be a easy clean up. Wrap the water chesnuts with the bacon and stick a toothpick in each to hold them together and also to pick them up easier when done. Bake at 350 for 1/2 hour or as crispy as you like bacon. While it is baking make the sauce. Combine medium size pot, 1 cup bown sugar, 1 cup ketchup and one TBSP of wochewstershire sauce. Warm until bacon done, then turn it up a little to make it slightly bubbly. Transfer the bacon to a baking dish that is at least 1 - 1 1/2 inches tall on the sides. Pour the sauce over the bacon evenly and enjoy!

God bless,

Judy
Farmgirl #3666

Born a city girl but a farm girl at heart!

http://farmtimes.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Annette Kath
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Annette
Carlock IL
USA
198 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2012 :  4:59:16 PM  Show Profile
Popcorn!

Annette
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2012 :  8:48:55 PM  Show Profile
I watched all the NFL games today, three in all. The neighbors baked a pecan pie, I brought an apple pie.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  1:09:43 PM  Show Profile
I don't guess anyone knows about Skyline Chili anywhere outside of Ohio, Indiana or Kentucky? It's "Cincinnati" style chili, with a "secret" ingredient of cinnamon and a bit of chocolate. Round here, we make Skyline dip, which you could do with any chili that doesn't have a bean component. Spread Cream cheese over a pie plate, add cooled chili over top, then thinly shredded cheddar cheese and put in oven until bubbly. Some folks add jalapeno's or a dollop of sour cream, but not Cincinnati chili purists :) In groceries now and again, I'll see McCormick or another spice company makes a "Cincinnati Style Chili" package that you can add to browned ground beef. It's yummy, though not really "healthy", but it's for the game, right?

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic football foods Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page