True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Mary
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  5:19:16 PM  Show Profile
I've come up with a useful and hopefully fun task for you fellow farmgirls:

Believe it or not there are women all over the country that have never heard of our MaryJane Butters! These people stumble into the new store laughing, smiling, and lost in the sweet nostalgia that hovers potently within our walls.

After collecting all the things they simply cannot live without, the inevitable question arises "Who is this MaryJane? Is she still alive? Is she a real person?"

My question to you, as her friends, acquaintances, and fans:

Who is Mary Jane Butters?

How would you summarize her amazing life and accomplishments to someone that has never heard of her?

Edited by - MaryP on Sep 20 2008 5:21:33 PM

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  5:21:04 PM  Show Profile
I want to ask, who is Mary P? I have been here at the MJF site for over 4 years, and I would love to know!

Welcome Mary.....I can only assume you work for the store, which I truly wish I could visit. You are lucky!

And here is my thought.....everyone needs to discover MaryJane for themselves, in their own way. I am sure the store will help that cause.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Sep 20 2008 5:26:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

MaryP
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Mary
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  5:27:02 PM  Show Profile
Haha, yeah I work at the new store :-)
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  5:32:19 PM  Show Profile
A dream job!!!! :)

I met MaryJane once, and I can only say this: She is the kind of person who would say...."why am I important? I am just trying to make the world a better place. But I am not different than anyone else or worthy of fame."

I loved her, and was so glad to meet her.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Sep 20 2008 5:35:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  7:44:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Mary!

MaryJane is an amazing woman who has been through some of life's biggest trials and tribulations and through out has kept her amazing character intact. She is a caring and nurturing soul who is working very hard at giving hope to people through her Project F.A.R.M, Books, Magazine and farm store(s)! She is a tough lady who knows how to get down and get the job done. She is a farmer with class and elegance, a leader, a pioneer. She is modern and old fashioned. She is strong and yet gentle. She is a role model worth having!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  8:28:16 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Alee~ perfectly stated!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  11:22:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Mary, I'm one of those folks who had never heard of Mary Jane Butters until an invitation to receive a free copy of her magazine arrived in my mail box. I read over her invitation, looked at the beautiful and interesting pictures and thought....this is what I want in life. I sent off for the free issue and waited impatiently for it's arrival. In the meantime I came to this site to get to know what being a farm girl was all about and how Mary Jane influences the women who know and love her. Although I've never met Mary Jane personally, I know I would like to have that opportunity. She seems very warm, loving and cares deeply about women's issues on the farm and in their everyday lives. She lets women know she cares. Gives them ideas that will benefit them and help them to achieve their goals. Passes on life skills and traditions to current and future generations. Deeply loves the farm life and believes in taking care of each other and our planet. Guess that about sums up what I think and that's quite a lot from someone who's never even met her. She's a winner in my book!

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9324 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9324 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  05:58:08 AM  Show Profile
After I found this forum through a friend, I found so much of what was lying dormant in my life. I have had so many memories of childhood, for me those are the best kind, come back. I have learned so much about the women who were part of my heritage just by being encouraged here. The things that Mary Jane does encourages me to do the things I love and not be afraid of being "different". I have never met Mary Jane but I really thank her for all that she has shown us we can do. It is such a blessing to take peeks into her life through the books, magazines and this forum. Each time I read one of them I find myself wanting to try something new.
Knowing there are women who will encourage me to do so.
I hope MJ will be blessed immensely for all she has given to all of us by giving of herself.

Denise
farmgirl sister #43
"Take a lesson from the teakettle, though up to its
neck in hot water...it sings!"

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  06:36:39 AM  Show Profile
I had NEVER ever heard of her, but a friend from another website I used to visit put the link on there. I looked it over, fell in love and decided to register. And here I am, still loving this. I never saw a magazine until a very kind lady from MJF sent me one and I really LOVE the magazine too. They are not here, and here no-one ever heard of MaryJane or her mags or her website, lol

SO nice to be here, hugs from a Dutch fan

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://princess-of-pink-creations.blogspot.com/
my new BLOG.
I have added "new" creations, take a look :)
Go to Top of Page

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  4:12:36 PM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
Mary Jane is a woman with a heart. There was and is so much that I still have to learn but I opened her books and there were the answers..from stitching to fileting fish..amazing. My grama passed away this weekend and I didnt get to learn everything from her that I wanted to. Being stubborn, like grama, I realized a bit too late. Anyhow, those things I hadnt figured out yet..well, there they were on the pages. Thanks Mary Jane!!

Marcy #257

When I stand before God at the end of my life I hope that I would not have a bit of talent left and could say “I used everything You gave me”.(erma bombeck)
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Who is MaryJane? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page