Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic A desperate housewife??? Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  3:11:46 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
There is a young mom here with 3 kiddos of her own and she watches several children throughout the week. About 3-4x a week, she calls in the late afternoon. I know she is home with the kids all day and I know how that is, just with one BUT...I can't take the constant calling!! Half the time, I am at work, internship or just about to pick up Charlie and at nights, it's Charlie and homework, housework and trying to have some fun and relax. Once I have Charlie, I don't have time to chit chat or come visit. If hubby was here, it would be different but my time is very valuable right now. She justs wants someone to hang out with but I through my hanging out days. A quick visit, yes, but even that is not worth the gas. I have expressly said "I am VERY busy M-F and the weekends are the only time I have to catch up." She likes to run around at night too. Her hubby watches the kids and she goes out. She has told me to just leave Charlie at her house and go. I can't do that. That is just A LOT of extra work for me, between running around, picking up, driving, etc. I completely understand her situation but at the same time, I just don't have time, which I straight forward told her. She STILL calls. I am honestly ignoring the phone calls and hoping she goes away but in the past 2 weeks, she has called...9 times!! And no messages, no it is not an emergency. OH BOY!!!!

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  3:28:38 PM  Show Profile
can you maybe record a message on your answering machine something along the lines of:
Hello..I am glad for your call today but please understand that 1: I am very busy being a mom at the moment
2. very busy holding down the fort here and doing everything that needs doing and then some.
3. I do not have time to gallavant around hither and yon to a party on the town or to spend a long time on the phone gosipping about this and that
So..if this message is important and does not involve me having to hear the latest gossip, having to be invited to be away from my priorities of mommy and my work.. and is actually important and worth my while...then please leave a message at the sound of the beep.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  3:31:43 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Amen Tina..amen!!! HA I love it!! Thanks..going to record it right now.

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  5:49:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I feel bad for her because I have known women like that before, but at the same time...she needs to respect you needs too! Maybe you should tell her to join the forum! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  6:06:29 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I suggested a Mommy's day out for her. All the local churches do them, no matter the affiliation. She is 23, so she still wants to be 23 but then again is a Mom to 3 kids. I do not have the time to be someone's best friend or mentor. I just can't handle the constant calls. She calls at 10 and 3 every other day. I don't want to go over with Charlie and there are like 6-7 kids running around. I have enough of that just picking up Charlie from daycare and I am tired. I am just a bit..slightly...nil...a little older than her, so I get tired quicker. ; )

Heather

FARMGIRL #90

Edited by - catscharm74 on Sep 19 2008 6:06:59 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic A desperate housewife??? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page