Page: of 2

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  07:43:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
I clicked on a link at the bottom that I thought was going to allow me to comment about this on their site. I chose food and clicked GO only to be taken to a page that IE said wasn't found. How convenient....LOL I do see that they say consumers can contact them by mail or phone and they list a number on the page where I clicked GO. I think there should be a rash of phone calls and letters from farm girl sisters. What do you all think?

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  09:09:36 AM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
This is just plain horrifying!! Why mess with Mother Nature? I saw what Monsanto is doing to the corn all over the world by their idiotic ways, imagine what this will do to 'our animals'! It's all about money!!!!! I don't eat any kind of meat, no chicken or pork as I am allergic but that does not mean I don't care about what they are trying to do. If this works they will just go on to ruin something else.

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  11:18:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
This just sickens me. How do we fight this when these people just can't see the dangerous road they are going down. Disgusting. Mice are such carriers of disease, yeah, I want mice genes in my pork, ugh. I too am going to do what Alee said, exit, stage left, from their food chain.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  11:28:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am more determined than ever before to get out of the conventional food system. Next year the garden is going to produce for me and I am making a vow right now to start shopping organic as much as possible. Even if we have to buy less food (we eat too much anyhow) I am going to make a change for good in our lives!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  11:29:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Here!Here! I second the motion. I pledge to do the same!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  11:48:08 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
THIS is how we fight. We gain our strength from each other. How many of us were unaware of the Monsanto issue a year ago? a month ago? a week ago? How many people do you know who still are unaware? This site is our exercise room where we build our muscle. Then we go out to fight the good fight by making our voices heard (like Cheryl and others) and, with care, compassion and concern, educating anyone who will listen. "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar." (Did I get that right?)

Local honey has allergy-fighting benefits. Since the bees pollinate the local flowers, the honey contains some of the allergens and allows your body to build up a resistance. We can share our "anti-GE honey" with our community so they will become more resistant to the Big M. Since they only seem to hear in $$$, let your $$$ do the talking when you go shopping.

(Who is this person? Rene, what have your started??? There's an activist inside of me that keeps pushing to get out.)

God bless -
Karen
Farmgirl Sista #311
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  5:52:00 PM  Show Profile
I keep saying no product, no demand. Stop buying, urge your friends and family to plant a co-op garden. When their bottom line starts to show red, they aint got nothin honey!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens/Mother Hen
http://harvestthymefarm.blogspot.com

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  7:46:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
It just makes you cringe when you see commercials for food on TV doesn't it? I don't know about you gals, but it make my stomach knot up! My body doesn't want that garbage in it!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  7:48:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
PS I wanted to say I have been eating down my stash of MaryJanesFarm foods because we have been sick. Not only do they taste amazing, I felt more full and satisfied and the tastes were much more clean and pleasant than anything else "instant" that I have ever had.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  11:52:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
I didn't used to be much of an activist but then I met and married my 2nd husband and he is very interested in everything that goes on. Politics, science, health....you name it he and I have discussions about it. Some calm and mutually satisfying. Some with very opposite opinions but even though they can get a bit heated are always done with love and understanding. Since knowing him I've learned who all of my senators and representatives are the how to contact them. They've all had nice emails from me on a variety of issues. I think they'll be hearing from me again soon...laughing. It's so easy to contact and email our politicians these days to let them know our feelings on various issues. You hear of so many medical conditions today. I myself have fibromyalgia and I wonder.....what caused this to happen to me? Was it something I ate over the years? Something in my water supply? Who knows anymore but it's so time for this to dallying with our food supply to stop! (Signed a concerned activist citizen

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  05:41:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Cheryl- That is great! Is your husband organic minded?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Kris Sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

131 Posts

Kris
Chickamauga Ga.
USA
131 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  10:44:05 AM  Show Profile
I've been thinking about this for days now and worrying,too. If our food is so bad for us, how much worse is it for our animals? We are what we eat, right? Why would I give my animals this GE and GM feed if we eat the meat and eggs and drink the milk? It's going straight to us what we give them. Unless they are strictly grass fed. If I don't give my goats 16% all grain, I hardly get any milk and I'm just waisting my time. But I was just searching on line for organic feed producers in Ga. and it's SOOOOO expensive!!! I cannot afford it. So I will keep looking for a place that will make it for me and just not put corn in it. I think I will stop feeding my chickens because all the 3-way scratch is is mostly corn, too. And they are slowing down anyway.
When I get the calves weaned in the next few weeks, they will be grass and hay fed only, too.
Also the pigs will be getting only scraps and milk plus the grass in the pasture from now on.
This is just really getting out of hand here. And very annoying, too.
(I hope this is the right site!)
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  10:51:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Kris!

You bring up some excellent points! We do need to watch what we are feeding the animals as well!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  10:57:56 AM  Show Profile
Let's all hear it for Frankenfoods! (just kidding). Can we all say ewwwww.

Cements the fact that I'm going to continue to buy organic, local produce and meats.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic In the news today... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page