Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What's Your Favorite Apron Pattern
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What's Your Favorite Apron Pattern Next Topic
Page: of 2

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  4:22:37 PM  Show Profile
Grace, I am sorry I didn't get the picture on yet! I ended up having to take Isaiah to the emergency room fro his eye because I can't get him into the doctor until next week! It turned out that he did have pink eye!! I will try to get a pic on tonight!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

clux64
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Celeste
Blair NE
USA
162 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  5:20:34 PM  Show Profile
I have one apron that is basically a big rectangle that ties across one shoulder and in the back...it's kind of avante guard, looks GREAT with a turtle neck and jeans, and really covers you so it's super practical. It's called a Tamari apron and Really easy to make www.sewingworkshop.com/index.php/action/item/id/78/prevaction/category/previd/1/prevstart/36/

This is my new favorite pattern...but I haven't made one yet. I think it's kind of sexy, if an apron can be that. It's the Emeline apron sewing pattern on www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=15398585&ref=vt_other_2

Celeste

"No matter where you go, there you are"
--Confucious

www.urbanprairiehome.blogspot.com

Edited by - clux64 on Sep 19 2008 5:22:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  5:59:41 PM  Show Profile
Celeste, the "Emeline" is ADORABLE!!!

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ BLOG
Go to Top of Page

horse
True Blue Farmgirl

371 Posts

laura
pontotoc mississippi
USA
371 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  6:55:01 PM  Show Profile
Ilove the apron that is made from vintage tablecloths. I bought a tablecloth just so I could make one.
Laura
Farmgirl Sister #354
www.2lmzfarms.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  5:46:19 PM  Show Profile
I made the Emmeline too - I loved it, but gave it as a gift so now I have to make another one. Oh darn:)
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  06:39:45 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I love that Lola apron! I wouldn't make the neck straps that wide and I'd make them to tie. Neck straps are tied to fit and then you leave them tied to pull over your head after that. I also have the other pattern that Heather posted. It's a good pattern, lots of variety. I made the half apron with the scalloped edge. I always enlarge pockets for any apron I make. I like 2 big pockets on everything. I just made an apron with no pattern...just half apron by pleating by hand every few inches at the waist. The a ruffle is pleated also on the bottom. I'll try to show a pic. Sometimes I piece different fabrics to give the quilt look. Handmade bias of a different print works good on an apron too.

One day at a time by the grace of God.
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

Summerstead
True Blue Farmgirl

119 Posts

Heather
Roseland Nebraska
USA
119 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  8:36:38 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by grace gerber

Heather I was looking at that pattern all night on the web - how did it sew up? Does it have clean seams? I have a serger but would like a finished inside look without having to dig out the serger. I also looked at the Lola apron - know nothing about the company - found it on etsy but not much info - do you have the pattern? If so, what do you think of it?

Grace,
I used the McCall's pattern for a swap, and LOVED it! It has a very clean finish, no serger necessary. You sew the pieces wrong sides together, then the double fold bias tape covers the seams.

I'm in love with the Lola apron, but don't have that pattern yet. I do have a couple of other patterns (Emmaline apron & Gnome messenger bag) that Meg has created (her blog is at www.sewliberated.typepad.com), and they are very nice.

*Heather*

www.summerstead.blogspot.com
www.summerstead.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  12:21:18 AM  Show Profile
I just love this thread, the "Apron" bug has me also....I must collect every pattern pattern I see, and then some.....have found lots a thrift stores and just found someones OLD apron at the last thrift store I was at this last weekend..now, I am trying to get them in some shops that carry clothing that I have some other undergarments at....Oh what do I do?>>>>LOL!!!

Farmgirls are Farmgirls no matter where or how we live.....
http://frocksfrillsfurbiloesandmore.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  07:19:36 AM  Show Profile
Did you know your blogsite is saying that it moved? Did it do it without you?

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

clux64
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Celeste
Blair NE
USA
162 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  07:36:53 AM  Show Profile
I've become addicted to aprons as well. I only have two working aprons in my collection so far...but TONS of patterns. I'm trying to figure out a way to incorporate an apron 'look' into my wardrobe.

Celeste

"No matter where you go, there you are"
--Confucious

www.urbanprairiehome.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  3:35:39 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Grace...It did it all on its own, now I dont know what to do...I can get into it with my Oh...whatchamacallit....code, no, what is the word?...OH!...I cannot remember....
anyhows, I can get into it, just noone else can....I wish I were computer literate, but, alas, I am not....
Can you halp me?

Farmgirls are Farmgirls no matter where or how we live.....we can't help it! ;)
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  08:49:53 AM  Show Profile
My favortie pattern is one called
Old fashioned apron"...you are covered from neck to toe(if desired), it has no waist, and does not tie around the neck,I really dont care for those that have a waist, nor tie around the neck...

Farmgirl Sister #368
http://froccsfrillsfurbiloesandmore.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  11:05:13 AM  Show Profile
Hi Terri

do you have a picture of it??? I have purchased three vintage patterns and have not cut any yet so I am still open to changes... No like I do not have a ton of fabric so I can experiment but I love options.

Thanks

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What's Your Favorite Apron Pattern Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page