Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Child Protection Act Next Topic  

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  11:36:04 AM  Show Profile
If any of you watched Oprah yesterday you are probably STILL reeling from the gut wrenching show on internet predators and live feeds of children being abused from newborns on up. I am still very much shook by that program and I don't think this is political or offensive since it is a bi-partisan bill. But I have written my senators to support this and hope you will do the same. It is the Child Protection Act #1738. There is more info on www.oprah.com and it took me less than 3 minutes to email my senators to support this bill. Please read about it and please support it so money will be allocated to the people who fight these heinous crimes every day.
If this is too political for this site, I apologize but I have never been behind something more in my life. These people are getting away with this because there are not the funds nor the people power to fight them all there are so many and they know it.
I'm sorry if I have broken some rule on these boards but I feel we ALL stand to lose if we don't protect those who cannot protect themselves....our children.

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  12:38:33 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for making us aware of this. I will definately take the time to write our senators.
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  2:03:01 PM  Show Profile
That show made me ill yesterday. I am still shook up from it too. I was literally nauseated, and disgusted (not with Oprah, but with the very vivid reality that these kind of scum are out there!). My husband and I wish more could be done...like a bullet in the head to some of these scum bags. It was literally the sickest I have been from something I've seen on TV in a long time.

I was literally shaking and couldn't get past the first 5 minutes till my husband came home so he could be here with me when I finished watching it.

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Jessi Lynn
True Blue Farmgirl

144 Posts

New York
USA
144 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  09:40:39 AM  Show Profile
I missed that Oprah show; but did you ever hear of a website called Kid Escape? (www.kidescape.org) The founder John Hall has a method, a series of moves, you can teach your kids to escape from a potential predator-Grip Dip and Spin. I bought the video and its great easy way to keep your kids safe. It's something you can practice in your home or even when your playing with your kids outside. I would recommend parents check out the site and buy the DVD.

Jessi Lynn
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  2:30:46 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for posting. I didn't see the show, but I will definitely write my senators, this is such an important topic.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Child Protection Act Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page