Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 You know your husband is out of town when...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic You know your husband is out of town when... Next Topic  

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2008 :  8:42:50 PM  Show Profile
You spend more time checking out the MJF site.

I used to surprise my husband by completing all sorts of projects when he was gone. I'm not out of projects, sometimes this is just more fun

Ann
Forrester Farm
http://picasaweb.google.com/FORRESTERFARM/FORRESTERFARMWEDDINGS

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2008 :  9:00:16 PM  Show Profile
When my husband is out of town the kids and I eat alot different too...more veggies and less meat and breakfast for supper more..things like that. And YEP>..I spend more time here for sure.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2008 :  06:10:02 AM  Show Profile
When my hubby is out of town....the house stays clean, I have control of the remote, get to eat veggies other than corn or peas, I get to knit uninterupted, and ditto for sleep cause there's no snoring!

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!
Go to Top of Page

handyam
True Blue Farmgirl

394 Posts

Ada Mae
Greensburg KY.
USA
394 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2008 :  07:06:02 AM  Show Profile
...when I am in total control of the TV, I eat cereal for supper, and I stay up as late as I want.

www.adasadorableaprons.blogspot.com

This is the day that the Lord has made.
Go to Top of Page

Tracey
True Blue Farmgirl

766 Posts

Tracey
State of Confusion
USA
766 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2008 :  08:01:03 AM  Show Profile
When my hubby isn't home I have to rely on my kids to change the channel

Desperate Horsewife, raising funds for the Mustang Makeover!
http://desperate-horsewife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2008 :  08:14:18 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Husband out of town is kinda like being a single mom...

I know my husband is gone when the car breaks down and my girlfriend and I look under the hood saying "I don't know, what do you think?, I don't have any tools anyway, do you?" things like that...LOL
Then the National Guard sends 2 guys in Army Jeep and uniform to put a new battery in my car and start it up and bring it to me. That's our country helping the families of soldiers. They wouldn't even let me pay for the battery...they said compliments of the National Guard. (he called them from Afghanistan) Yes, that's a good thing, yet I still miss my husband.
Keep the funny ones coming...I need a laugh today.

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

Kris Sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

131 Posts

Kris
Chickamauga Ga.
USA
131 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2008 :  08:47:59 AM  Show Profile
hey Linda, My husband just drives a truck and is gone 2 weeks at a time. Nothing like your husband. My brother is in Afganistan til about the middle of Nov. We don't really know what he's doing . But he's pretty safe now. What does your husband do? I'll be sure to keep him in my prayers.
I am defenetely with ya'll about things tearing up and breaking down when they're gone. It seems like lately as soon as he's out the driveway things start happening. Mostly mechanical stuff.
But I'm so used to him being gone so much it's hard when he is here. I have to act like he's "in charge" and act like I'm married again! I like being on my own but it is nice to have such a great man, too. He puts up with alot.
And it does get addictive, this site. I love seeing what other women are doing. Raising kids, animals, and putting food on the table. We sure are a diverse group.
Tracy, that's cute about th ekids changing the channels.
And having the remote. I think that's probably the best part. He would watch Law and Order all day.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2008 :  09:58:50 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi Kris,
My husband is actually my X-husband but we stayed close friends by sharing our young adopted son. He would still do things for me like help me move or work on the car. We were married and together for so long that it's hard to remember when he wasn't around. He is older, a grandpa, so he will be done now with the full time Army...his body old and in pain.
He is a steel worker and the job is waiting for him to come back so that's good.

When a hubby is gone nobody cares if the dishes wait a while before getting washed and things like that. I also like the kid's changing the tv channel...lol...
My older kids were the "remote" before remotes were invented anyway! LOL

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2008 :  10:59:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Ha! I got very used to Hubby being out of town when he was in the Military .....got used to, but it NEVER got easier cause, I ALWAYS missed him LOTS!!!................Now, he Does go out of town on Business occassionally, but since I'M retired >>>>> I Go With Him, Soooo his going out of town has different meaning to me now!!!

Until Later,
NM Audrey

~ Side by side or miles apart....dear friends are always close to the heart ~

Edited by - Back Home Again on Sep 14 2008 11:57:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2008 :  1:06:37 PM  Show Profile
when dh is out of town the kids and I eat more fruits and veggies, the TV is set to craft shows or fun movies, we do alot more crafty stuff, reading, and hanging out. However when he is gone and somthing goes wrong we have also fixed the pipes and pig water, had to dig it all up re-pipe and move animals around. So we miss him much either way!

AngiKay-farmgirl sister #301
www.angikay.etsy.com
Heart of TX chapter
Be strong and Courageous. Jos. 1:9

Texas 4H! http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/
Go to Top of Page

ranchmama
True Blue Farmgirl

360 Posts

Elise
Rosebud MT
USA
360 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2008 :  1:15:45 PM  Show Profile
My hubby never leaves.. some days I wish he would tho! j/k
This time of year he may be gone for a few days at a time, gathering cows. He just goes 18 mi. north of us to cow camp, but he's still gone. Last year, I built some salt bunks, checked salt in the pastures, just drove around the place really. Got to have easy suppers with just the kids and watch musicals and girly movies that he would roll his eyes at. Got to stay up all night stitching or reading. It was nice for the few days, but I was glad he was back.

Elise

Every Child Deserves Our Love &
A Bear of Their Own
http://ATeddyForKeeps.org

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ranchmama/
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2008 :  1:50:50 PM  Show Profile
I love when he is gone, house is clean and it's just me and the cat and I get to eat and do what I want! The house stays clean and if it doesn't I have only me to blame...
Go to Top of Page

downbranchroad
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Joy
Southern KY
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2008 :  2:08:04 PM  Show Profile  Send downbranchroad a Yahoo! Message
I do miss my Hubby when he is out of town but I enjoy my time also. We pretty much do our own thing at night (he watches TV and I am on here, sewing or gone to a meeting(homemakers, historical society,womens club or ladies group at church) but it is nice to not have to fix supper. Although, he is really good and will just eat anything and NEVER complains, it is nice to just think about what I want and fix it when I want.
When he is gone the dogs really miss him and they are pain in the wa-toosie. They sure miss their Daddy.

Appalachian Girl
Jem

*If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got.

My new blog!
http://downbranchroad.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

horse
True Blue Farmgirl

371 Posts

laura
pontotoc mississippi
USA
371 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2008 :  6:22:53 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I can't get my hubby to leave.lol During my first marriage whenever my ex was gone, that seemed when everything tore up or broke down.
Laura
www.2lmzfarms.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

fionalovesshrek
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Paige
kinston North Carolina
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2008 :  6:26:10 PM  Show Profile
Tea and OJ lasts five days instead of one, laundry is cut by almost half, and I've got to do the boys bedtime routine.
P~

www.fionaswampington.blogspot.com

http://homespunhensfarmgirlchapter.blogspot.com/
Man, despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication, and his many accomplishments, owes his existence to a six inch layer of topsoil and the fact that it rains.
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2008 :  11:32:29 PM  Show Profile
I don't have to cook! I can eat whatever I want, watch whatever I want, and go to bed whenever I want.

Handmade Soap and More! - http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

PROUD FARMGIRL SISTER #100
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2008 :  03:23:49 AM  Show Profile
My hubby doesn't really leave for extended times either. It's rare.

When he does, I'll find a frind to eat a lunch or supper with, roam the woods,watch scary movies (he doesn't like them) and stay up later reading.

Weird thing is, when it comes time for bed, I kind of miss the pre bed snorting/clearning throat VERY loudly thing. (sort of) Pity we don't allow the dog in bed oron the couch I'd take full advantage if this if she didn't alwys think it was roughhuose time instead of bedtime.

I also turn the techno/trance CDs on and dance half the night.

Hubby doesn't expect major projects to be completed. Maybe check on garden plants or run an errand or two.

Now when I'm gone, he cleans and I love that!
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2008 :  10:30:28 AM  Show Profile
Lets see.... no dirty boots or dirty clothes to trip over. My floors stay clean longer than 10 minutes at a time. No snoring or wet pillows 'cause he sweat all over them! (I know-- eeewwww!) I have the WHOLE bed to myself and I can have the tv up as LOUD and on as LONG as I want without him yelling "will you turn that thing off!" (NO! I WON'T turn it off!) I don't really watch it anyway, it's mostly just background noise. I'm usually reading or doing something else, but I still won't turn if off just because HE said to!
Honestly, things don't really change that much for me whether he's HERE or NOT, so I'm either a lucky gal, or I should be a very IRATE wife! I guess I got over the irate part years ago. I just do MY thing, he does HIS. Really, it's not as bad as it sounds! I don't like being told what to do and niether does he, so we live and let live, and have a good laugh every now and then. After 20yrs together you reach a point where you don't get upset over certain things anymore. Que Sera, Sera!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2008 :  10:38:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
ROFL. You farmgals are soooo funny! I guess it's funny because it's all sooooo true! I feel the same way. Ya can't live with em and ya can't live without em.
Oh, I have a stinky pillow guy too, eeeewwww, oh well, after almost 32 years ya kinda git used to it, as long as ya don't take a huge whiff of jiff, lol.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2008 :  12:02:50 PM  Show Profile
Hubby takes a few business trips now and then. When he is gone there are no sweaty clothes, and I mean dripping sweaty. He runs and works in the yard everyday, and the laundry is definitely less when he is gone! Also, I eat in front of the TV, and take spur of the moment shopping trips. And have the clicker to myself!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2008 :  11:49:47 AM  Show Profile
My hubby never leaves either. But i do, and I always ome home well rested, and thinner! However, if hubby is farming late or at a tractor pull, the dogs dont bother me, they camp out at the door to wait for daddy to come home!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens/Mother Hen
http://harvestthymefarm.blogspot.com

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic You know your husband is out of town when... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page