Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 taking out some knitting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic taking out some knitting Next Topic  

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2008 :  5:20:11 PM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
is there a trick to taking out alot of stiches when using sort of fuzy yarn? i have messed up the pattern on this neckwarmer nade of baby alpaca so badly i can even begin to straighten it out and i found that i had read the pattern wrong and dont have enough yarn! when i try to just pull it the stiches it knots on itself and actually un-kniting it isnt something i want to do if i can avoid it! i am just hoping against hope that someone has another workable solution! peace connie in alaska

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2008 :  5:35:36 PM  Show Profile
If you find out, let me know. Just yesterday, I wanted to rip out a portion of a beret I was working on using mostly natural wools and alpaca. The alpaca was very difficult to loosen up the stitches. It was done in crochet, if that makes any diff. It almost seemed to have felted slightly by the trouble it was giving me~much more so than the wool. :(

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ BLOG
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2008 :  06:35:38 AM  Show Profile
Yikes. The best you can do is work at it slowly and VERY carefully. I've had to frog that furry stuff before and the eyelashes get caught in everything. The last little bit was such a big knot, it had to go in the trash. :(
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic taking out some knitting Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page