karla kay
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Karla
Lewistown MT
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  2:44:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi all, My husband and I enjoy hunting as a family. We built a little cabin on our family ranch that we stay at and hike and hunt from there. Now 3 of our 4 children are of age to hunt and have passed hunters safety. This year will be our daughters first year. She is excited. One of our sons who has been hunting for 3 years, drew a bull elk tag for the hunting area that our family ranch is in. There is a very limited number made available each year. So for a 14 year old this is a huge deal. We aren't out for the horns, the meat will be great. So we are all hoping he gets his elk. He can be proud of the horns, and I'll do the cooking!! Thanks for letting me brag a bit!!
Karla
Farmgirl sister #331

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  10:55:55 PM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
hi karla, our family hunts together too. we usually camp out in our huge outfitters tent with a screen tnet for cooking. heck we even have our wood heat in the tent! lol. good luck to your son in getting his first elk. sadly my son hsnt gotten his moose or caribou yet. we still try! peace connie in alaska
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  08:43:59 AM  Show Profile
Oh how fun. I grew up in a hunting family..and although my husband dosn't hunt we still have alot of family and friends who do. I end up helping butcher at least one deer or elk each year. I hope your son gets his elk!! Have fun!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Outpost: Previous Topic hunting with family Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page