Hanalu
True Blue Farmgirl

123 Posts

Hana
Redwood City California
USA
123 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  11:27:38 AM  Show Profile
MaryJanesFarm is right up this city girls alley! How exciting to have found this farmgirl connection! I'm a pastry chef at a local country club and I also manage the kitchen in the restaurant there at night. I love to bake, cook, design cakes, and write creative menus...I'm trying to incorporate more organic items onto our menu! At home I also love to make my own meals using organic products. I have a small potted garden on my balcony and my dad has a mini "city" farm where I can get fresh eggs, vegetables and flowers. I would like to learn how to can his fabulous tomatoes! When I was young, I took sewing lessons (HAHA! I was the only one in the class!)....so I can't wait to learn to sew, knit and embroider.
How do I start earning merit badges? I registered online last week to this forum and paid the fee to join the sisterhood...maybe I need to wait for the sisterhood info to arrive in the mail???

So glad to have found the farmgirl connection! Looking forward to meeting all of you! If there are any groups in the Bay Area (peninsula) I would love to meet with you!

Hana

luvnlife
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Michele
Quincy WA
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  11:48:43 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to MJF Hana! You're lucky to live in such beautiful country!!! My hubby went to school at Humboldt and we're both transplants from So. Ca. I hope you have much luck connecting with all the other like minded farmgirls at the site. We're a rare but thriving breed.
You can learn more about the sisterhood by reading the entries on this website than you can on any of the printed material that will be sent to you. They have a search engine but if you're like me, you'll get so distracted reading about all kinds of other things that you may forget what it was that you came here for in the first place. lol
God Bless! Michele

Family life is the source of the greatest human happiness. This happiness is the simplest and least costly kind, and it cannot be purchased with money~Havighurst
Farmgirl Sister #306 :)
Go to Top of Page

bushelnpeck
True Blue Farmgirl

262 Posts

Debbie
Sparks Nv
USA
262 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  11:59:36 AM  Show Profile  Send bushelnpeck an AOL message
Hello Hana, Welcome to a very special place, you will learn so much here and meet LOTS of like minded girls. Hugs and laughs and a few tears abound here, so come as often as you can...Debbie

Farmgirl Sister #324

duty makes us do things, but love, makes us do things beautifully...
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  12:14:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Hi, Hana. Welcome from waaayy across the country in Kentucky!

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  1:16:46 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
HI Hanna, No need to wait for the packet.. Just go here and there is a list of all the badges you can begin working on....http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/farmgirl-sisterhood/merit-badges.asp

can't wait to see all your cleaver creations~

WOW a pastry Chef.... How great! I think I am a great "cook" but I find pastries soooooo hard. I am so impressed!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo
Go to Top of Page

neighsayer
True Blue Farmgirl

81 Posts

Shirley
Arabi GA
USA
81 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  1:40:09 PM  Show Profile  Send neighsayer a Yahoo! Message
Hi Hana! Welcome from the south of Georgia. Can tomatoes? Heck, nothing to it. Get a Ball canning book. That is a canning bible. You can buy them at Walmart. I canned 9 qts this weekend which now makes about 19 qts total.

Thank God I live in the country!
Go to Top of Page

karla kay
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Karla
Lewistown MT
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  1:58:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi Hana! Welcome from Montana. You should get your sisterhood info soon. I just got mine last week. It is so fun!! Good luck and have fun earning your badges!!
Karla #331
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  6:33:45 PM  Show Profile
ok Sisters... I am still looking for any sister living near Klamath Falls? Would love to connect.
( not that the rest of my sisters here aren't enough) I am so happy to be part of this fabulous sisterhood.
Just would like to meet and share with somebody close. Thanks everyone for being here,

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Keep life simple, to Simply live. Life is too short to worry about it.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  6:42:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Hana!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  03:28:57 AM  Show Profile
Hi Hana,
I love your enthusaiam and passion for what you do and that your dad has a city mini farm. NOw how great is that.
So glad you are here, welcome.
Carol Sue

Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Georgiann
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

Georgiann
Seymour IN
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  06:14:54 AM  Show Profile
Nice to meet you Hana! I think if you can make pastries, you can certainly can tomatoes -- much less complicated, in my book (just a lot hotter!)

www.oldsweetsong.blogspot.com
Whatever you do, do it with your whole heart
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  1:23:41 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Hana, you are going to love this forum...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  1:28:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Hana from the Pacific NW. Can tomatoes, piece of cake. You will be amazed at how easy it is.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  1:56:20 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Welcome, Hana, from a Missouri gal! Wow, a pastry chef! Be sure to sign up for the next recipe swap - we'd all love to be your partner.

God bless -
Karen
Farmgirl Sista #311
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2008 :  2:44:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Hi Hana and welcome from another newbie sister. So glad to have you here! Ooohh pastries....Yummmmmmmmy!
Go to Top of Page

Hanalu
True Blue Farmgirl

123 Posts

Hana
Redwood City California
USA
123 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2008 :  11:58:00 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for all the warm welcomes!
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2008 :  1:39:56 PM  Show Profile
Hana, Welcome from Arizona! I love to do pastries also! You have come to the right place as far as knitting etc. Check out the Stitching and Crafting room forum! There are all kinds of topics or if you ever have a question just put up a new post! Once again welcome and glad to have you here!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic New From California II Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page