willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2008 :  05:24:49 AM  Show Profile
WOW! It got down into the 50's last night!!!! I can't believe it! It is so beautiful out right now. It is just after 7 and the sun is just clearing the tops of the trees. I can hear the birds chirping. We slept with all the windows open last night too. I love it in the fall when we get those cool nights and warm days! It will still get into the 80's today but I love the cool nights. I'm about to grab a book and a cup of coffee and go read in the Gazebo! Anyone care to join me? ;)

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com

LindaEllen
True Blue Farmgirl

275 Posts

Linda
Missouri
USA
275 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2008 :  05:40:40 AM  Show Profile
You bet I'll join ya, got my cup of coffee. My plans too are to go out and read out in my Outpost, toss a fuzzy cover on and just relax. I got Jens new book yesterday, A Mile in Her Boots. Its about women who work in the wilderness.

Say your in AR, its beautiful there any time of the year : ). One of my favorite states.

I love these cool nights too and the fog, really love seeing the fog in valleys in the early mornings. I'll be spending my 4th weekend night in my Outpost. I got lots of covers,and hot coffee by the fire to keep warm : ).

Say your gazebo is just wonderful, what a great place to read and have coffee. Look theres a deer over there!!! So glad you invited us to join.

tc linda

Locust Trail Homestead
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/walkabout/

Edited by - LindaEllen on Sep 06 2008 06:07:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2008 :  05:56:04 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
It's 57, clear with a slight breeze. I'm going to finish my coffee and then to the farmers market, gocery shopping and then home. Have a good day.

http://www.bboopster.blogspot.com
3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2008 :  06:11:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That's great, Julie! That is how quickly the weather shifted here about 2 weeks ago. One day we were sweltering, and the next we were digging out sweaters!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2008 :  07:04:58 AM  Show Profile
61 degrees and raining here today. It is 9:00 a.m. and still dark. Messed up my plans for today. need to be outside moving dirt and picking apples. Guess I'll stay in and do up tomatoes.
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2008 :  07:39:10 AM  Show Profile
It has been just perfect here. The evenings and nights down to the high 40s (still one blanket on the bed weather) and the days high 60s to low 70s (short sleeves and shorts here). Just the way I like. Warm enough for me. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2008 :  08:02:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
Hannah is here today, so it's dreary, rainy, and a very humid 76 degrees. Yuck, blah, and ughhh :(

I'd love to be with you all sipping coffee and enjoying a beautiful day!

Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter

"What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger"

Farmgirl #152

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/

http://bigdogmom130.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

bushelnpeck
True Blue Farmgirl

262 Posts

Debbie
Sparks Nv
USA
262 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2008 :  08:22:01 AM  Show Profile  Send bushelnpeck an AOL message
Wait for me, I'm coming that gazebo sounds like just what I need... Daytime it's been in the 90's since early June here, with a few days of respite, and I am sooooooo ready for cool. Thanks for painting us a picture to enjoy for the day...Debbie

Farmgirl Sister #324

duty makes us do things, but love, makes us do things beautifully...
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2008 :  08:29:54 AM  Show Profile
It has been cool here the past few mornings, but that is slowly changing. :( We are supposed to hit 90 again this weekend. I'm sure because of the hurricane brewing to the east of us, bringing humid, warm air our way. If you see someone in your back yard sipping a mug of hot chocolate tomorrow morning, that might be me. I would drive hundreds of miles for 55 degree temps!!

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2008 :  08:50:31 AM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
It's been nice here too! Sadly, the weather guy says that it's supposed to get warm again for a few more days--then back to the nice stuff!

Samantha

www.elphie0503.blogspot.com

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~~Albright

Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2008 :  10:42:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Right now it is in the mid 70s but it is supposed to get back to the mid 80s to low 90's again! We won't be seeing Autumn around here for at least another month or so! Sitting around with all of you and sharing a cup of coffee sounds like a wonderful way to start the day! and in your Gazebo sounds delightful!

Until Later,
Audrey

~ Side by side or miles apart....dear friends are always close to the heart ~
Go to Top of Page

therealshari
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Shari
Beryl UT
USA
235 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2008 :  1:45:04 PM  Show Profile  Send therealshari a Yahoo! Message
We had our first frost (a just barely) Wednesday night (Sep 3) and then again on Sep 4. Now we're back above that at night and getting into the mid to high 80's during the day. With only a slight breeze, it's beautiful around here.

We have a "new" patio area under the trees and looking out towards the animals where we've enjoyed a "Labor Day Picnic" with friends, coffee in the morning, and "just chatting" in the evening.

Now, if only the flies would go away...

Shari Thomas

Who's giving serious thought (j/k) to changing "Four Country Gals" to "Ms McDonald's Farm" as we're now adding a preggie cow, due in early September.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic It's only 55!!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page