Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Oh so smooth skin... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  3:12:03 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I have had a problem with really flaky, icky skin. I mixed about 1/2 cup of salt, 2 drop essential oils and enough oil ( I had olive, use whatever you want) to make a paste and scrubbed, scrubbed, scrubbed myself down in the shower for about 5 minutes. Gets the circulation going and my skin felt great. I concentrated on my feet, toenails, fingernails and my shoulders. Then I rinsed and slatherd on my coconut body butter from the Body Shop. WOWZY!!! What a difference.

I also gave myself an oatmeal and honey facial mask. What a difference!!!

Just my 2 cents...

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  4:18:26 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Sounds good heather. I have been searching high and low for something that will stay with my skin for more than a day.
I bought this sea salt crub from this lil kiosk on the mall. Paid way too much for it. I love the way it makes my skin feel and it will actually stay with me for a couple of days. I'm sure it's cause all the oil in it. I just hate that it costs so much.

So any great homemade recipes that will do the same trick I love to hear about. I am so dreading winter. My skin gets even more dry and cracks really bad.

Melanie

~blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ ~shop~ http://www.brokenin.ecrater.com/
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  4:45:58 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Melanie, I love the body shop body butters. I used just about everything on the shelf in Walmart...seriously...nothing worked. I splurged once when I was going home at the Body Shop in the SF airport. Well...what a difference!! I swear nothing else comes close to keeping my skin hydrated and smooth. I don't mind buying the scrubs but I go through a jar a week, so I had to find an alternative. I am going to trying this with some coarser salt when I have a little more money. Good luck.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Oh so smooth skin... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page