Cntrymom
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Barb
Romeoville Illinois
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2004 :  11:24:43 AM  Show Profile
I've been to Borders so much lately, that they probably know me by now. I've been checking to see if the new issue is out yet? Does anyone know if it's hit the stores yet? Thanks.

sourjayne
worker bee

67 Posts

sarah
seattle washington
67 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2004 :  11:30:29 AM  Show Profile
Barb,
It's not scheduled to hit the stores until September 1. Thanks for your patience all this time.

Sarah (sourjayne)

No artificial sweeteners added.
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2004 :  5:13:50 PM  Show Profile
Good News! I have subscribed via the 4 issue deal... guess what? My HANDFUL issue arrived in the mail today!! YEAH!! A first quick perusal through tells me it looks fantastic. I like the new layout with the magazine first followed by the catalog, full of the good items and tips. Hopefully it will hit the newstands via the distributors sooner than expected... Hint to others: subscribe for early delivery... can't stay and chat.. gotta go READ READ READ!!!!!

Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural
Go to Top of Page

sourjayne
worker bee

67 Posts

sarah
seattle washington
67 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2004 :  5:41:12 PM  Show Profile
Yep we got a shipment of just 100 magazines Friday -- they look fantastic! I'm surprised to hear the subscribers are getting them so soon -- that's great! Definitely do subscribe, that's the fastest way to get each issue. Hopefully that means they will get to the stores sooner.

Sarah (sourjayne)

Go to Top of Page

Juliekay
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

237 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2004 :  07:41:01 AM  Show Profile
Sourjayne,

Can you provide the link for signing up? Is there a way to sign up for the next 4 issues or something to that effect?

Thanks

Julie
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2004 :  08:25:14 AM  Show Profile
Here's the link Julie....
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/PFOShop/product.asp?dept_id=103&ProductID=40101

Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural

Edited by - Clare on Aug 17 2004 08:25:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

jamie
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

jamie

33 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2004 :  12:45:25 PM  Show Profile
I've got a question that I hope someone (Sarah?) could answer for me. I signed up for the Premier magazine that is being sent around and was supposed to have gotten it the middle of July and still haven't seen it. Does somebody have that issue currently or did it get lost in the mail somewhere? Just wonderfing. I'm anxious to thumb through it. Anyone sign up for it and not receive their chance to get it also?
Thanks,
Jamie
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2004 :  12:51:28 PM  Show Profile
Jamie,
I'm in the last in line for my group.... and I have not received it yet either. The person just before me received it a month ago.... guess that means when it finally arrives in my mailbox that I get a month too, doesn't it??? Oh well... I have patience.

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

Edited by - Clare on Aug 17 2004 12:52:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

sourjayne
worker bee

67 Posts

sarah
seattle washington
67 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2004 :  12:51:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jamie,
Cindylou was trying to keep these on track, with everyone given one week to peruse the Premiere Issue before sending it on. There were a few people who had trouble sticking to that one week period (one person I heard had a family accident -- these things happen) and so the tour has been stretched longer than it should have been. I know Cindylou tries to keep everyone updated when things change, so it might be a good idea to give her a call (208 882-6819) or an e-mail (cindylou at maryjanesfarm.org) to let her know where you're at in the line. She might have to track down who has it and make sure they're staying on the ball! Contacting her will also let her know to call those who are scheduled to receive it after you, to let them know their new tour arrival date.

Thanks!

Sarah (sourjayne)

Go to Top of Page

Juliekay
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

237 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2004 :  06:58:00 AM  Show Profile
Sourjayne,

I have bought the first four issues already and I want to make sure that I am buying the Handful Issue plus the next 3 after that. Is there a way to do that?

Julie
Go to Top of Page

sourjayne
worker bee

67 Posts

sarah
seattle washington
67 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2004 :  10:35:58 AM  Show Profile
If you subscribe right now, it will include the Handful issue as one of the four you are prepaying for. If you wait until the Handful issue is displayed as the current issue on our website (will happen soon), then a subscription will start with the four issues after the Handful issue.

Sarah (sourjayne)

Go to Top of Page

Juliekay
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

237 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2004 :  07:48:45 AM  Show Profile
Great, thanks
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2004 :  10:44:31 PM  Show Profile
My new issue got here today..it is WONDERFUL!! I am so thrilled with it. I had to skim it earlier, but will be "deep reading" it tonight..now that everyone else is in bed and my chores are finished...I have looked forward to it all afternoon!! I LOVE the cover!!!

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2004 :  4:59:31 PM  Show Profile
I was so excited yesterday when I learned that the new issue was starting to appear in Texas. Since I am in Fort Worth, I called Border's immediately and learned THAT IT HAD INDEED ARRIVED. The minute I closed the library where I work, I raced across the city to buy my copy. Went home to the country and stayed up until 3am reading it. Tired but happy today. Loved everything-trying to think of something that I can write and submit for future issues.

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

taylor
honeybee

40 Posts

40 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2004 :  2:53:29 PM  Show Profile
Connie,

Let me give you a nudge... we're always looking for homesafehome entries . Check out the call for entries category on the main bulletin board for how to submit!

-Taylor
Go to Top of Page

jamie
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

jamie

33 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2004 :  2:41:52 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I just have to say that I picked up the new issue on Sunday! I drove 30 miles to my nearest Barnes and Noble in hopes that they would have it!!! (Well, I ended up running some errands so I wasn't using up gas for just that ) . Anyway, just when I thought the magazine was the best and couldn't get any better IT DOES !!!! The magazine is beautiful visually, artistically, in every way.

Great job to all of you working so hard on it. We really do appreciate it. It is such a breath of fresh air.
Thanks,
jamie
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

64 Posts

Dave
Vestal NY
64 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2004 :  5:37:13 PM  Show Profile
Handful issue arrived last Saturday, and spent the evening perusing it. Not sure I will ever "tat", but the whole magazine is simply wonderful. I especially enjoyed The Recipe, as I remember selling my Mother's dinner rolls door to door in the neighborhood as a child, fresh out of the oven, nothing smells better, never had any problems bringing any home. Mom is 78 and she certainly qualifies for "Angel" status. Wanting to perserve those homecooked meals, I bought a recipe box with cards, and now it is half full with her recipes, in her own handwriting....to be preserved and handed down....
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2004 :  10:56:06 PM  Show Profile
Your recipe box sure does sound like a treasure! I have a few recipes like that and they mean the world to me, even if I can't read some of the writing :) Enjoy!
Sharon
Go to Top of Page

jamie
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

jamie

33 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2004 :  11:02:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi All,

I have recently moved and am nowhere near a Barnes and Noble where I used to pick up Mary Janes magazine. Can anyone tell me when the next issue is coming out? I have the Handful issue that came out in September.

Thanks, Jamie
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2004 :  08:59:26 AM  Show Profile
Jamie!!! Good for you! You made the big leap to be closer to the farm! Hope it all works out terrificly for you!

My understanding from a recent email from the farm is that the book will be sent off the publisher next week or so, and it will be available to the public November 2005 (whew! this is a process, I guess!)... and then they will concentrate working on the Country Roads issue of the magalog. They originally were shooting for November 2004 for that, but had to abandon that idea to finish the book on time. So, hopefully, we'll see it in the next month or two, eh? I would recommend visiting maryjanesfarm.org and ordering the next 4 issues online (or call them), since you're not near a B/N store, altho Wal-Mart does carry it is some areas. The farm is on vacation/holiday until Monday.

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb

Edited by - Clare on Dec 31 2004 09:10:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2004 :  09:59:20 AM  Show Profile
Clare - I have heard, also, that the next issue will be on the stands in February sometime.

I have often wondered if you know the MJF staff personally or do any work for them. You are a charter poster here and seem to be in the loop. Are you the MJF guardian of the website? :)

jpbluesky

Love those big blue skies and wide open spaces.
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2004 :  12:58:45 PM  Show Profile
Well, Jeannie, I haven't "signed on" for anything in particular...(I'm sure others that were on the "Premier Tour" list received the same email).. just feel like the sharing of information, when I have it, is good for the whole, as communication is the key to any "relationship".... sisterhood that we are!

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2004 :  4:48:25 PM  Show Profile
Clare - sisterhood - that is a wonderful word and one that I feel proud to be a part of here on this site. Thank you for all the info that you provide. Happy New Year to you and your loved ones. It would be so neat to meet you and many others on this site!
jpbluesky

Love those big blue skies and wide open spaces.
Go to Top of Page

jamie
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

jamie

33 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2005 :  9:38:57 PM  Show Profile
Thanks ladies! I'll keep on the lookout for the mag next month which will make a nice birthday present to myself. I am anxious to see Mary Jane's finished book. If it is anything like the magazines then it will be wonderful!

Happy New Year everyone,
Jamie
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic New Issue yet? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page