Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 working with "lion suede"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic working with "lion suede" Next Topic  

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2008 :  1:14:38 PM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
has anyone used it? i am not sure if i am gonna kit or crochet with it but got 10 skiens at $2.59 each in a beautiful shade of teal blue. i am thinking of making a shawl and maybe a bag for my mom. peace connie in alaska

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2008 :  2:45:02 PM  Show Profile
I think it kinda has that same quality that chenilles have. They have the tendency to "worm" out of the fabric of the piece you are knitting. I made a shawl, but didn't use the suede in the body of it, I used it only for the fringe. Made some luscious fringe! Try knitting a swatch and see how it holds up~it may work just fine for you.

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ BLOG
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2008 :  07:22:58 AM  Show Profile
my sister used it adn crochetted a huge afghan, it was really pretty adn cozy, but does not hold up well, it constantly breaks. you will be snuggled upand all the sudden there is a huge hole in it and what not. It is not her craftsmanship, as her items are very durable, it is just that yarn, and she used it because she found a huge bin of it on sale at Hobby Lobby, so I hope it works better for you, but we have been disappointed with it.

http://hectichousehold.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2008 :  10:25:40 AM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
oh my that isnt good news! i have decided to crochet a simple shawl for my mom. so far it looks great. hope it holds up for her! peace connie in alaska
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic working with "lion suede" Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page