Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 A Delicate Question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic A Delicate Question Next Topic  

SewCarol
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Carol
Vancouver WA
11 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  8:34:15 PM  Show Profile
I've started a small chapter but am finding that most of people who are somewhat active have a very different idea of what it means to be a farm girl. I welcome diversity but the group just isn't clicking. Several of the members have expressed the same concerns and aren't looking forward to meeting again. It's very hard to be enthusiastic about a group of people who aren't a good match. I've used the sample press release and refer them to the Farm Girl Connection Forums. I'm not sure where to go from here.

While I believe in the idea of "Farm Girl Sisterhood" for whatever reason, we're not experiencing it. Before I give up completely, I thought I'd toss it out here and see if there is something I can do to try and help restore life to this chapter. Any ideas?

Hug the ones you love, do what you love and be full of love. Nothing else really matters.

http://fifibanjello.blogspot.com

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  8:44:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Carol- The only thing I could think of is have everyone write down what they want to see in the chapter- have it be anonymous and all put into a hat. Then perhaps you could read them all as a chapter leader- either there in the meeting or later in private and try to include some more things into your chapter that are a bit different.

It that isn't working- perhaps there are more undiscovered farmgirl friends out there that are just waiting to be discovered by you!

*hugs*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

aimeeravae
True Blue Farmgirl

341 Posts

Aimee
Deer River MN
USA
341 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2008 :  07:06:47 AM  Show Profile
You could have each one lead and host the meeting. It would focus on sharing their idea of what a farmgirl is with the group. Stress the togetherness and selflessness to the group. Each meeting should have a snack, project and group discussion so they get the "full frontal" of the idea of that farmgirl.

Aimee

http://laplantewardklopf.blogspot.com/ Motto To Live By
"Life should NOT be a jouney to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!"
Go to Top of Page

City_Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Christina
Omaha Nebraska
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2008 :  07:17:14 AM  Show Profile
Hi Carol!

I don't have too much advice because I am just starting a group in my own area. Our first meeting will be the end of September. I did read a book called Girl Group Confidential by Jennifer Worick though. I highly recommend that you try to read it before you make any decisions. In a nut shell she tells you in one chapter that as the leader you need to do what works best for you or you will get burnt out trying to please everyone else. That goes for what day and time as well as the type of people and what they are wanting. Not all women will mesh well together and we sometimes just need to let them go. Members will come and go for a bit but once you find the right blend you will never regret your patience.

You know what it means to be a good Farmgirl so trust yourself and have fun. I think Aimee had a great point to that stressing the Sisterhood of togetherness and selflessness is very important. You are already seting that example by starting the group.
Hugs~

Christina
Farmgirl Sister #195
http://justacitychick.blogspot.com/

Although no one can go back and make a brand new start; anyone can start from now
and make a brand new end.
Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2008 :  10:26:17 AM  Show Profile
My one thought is this... remember you are the leader of the group and can take it to places to benefit yourself and the majority. For those who want to be there and "fit" the type of farmgirl group you hoped for, keep encouraging them. Those who you believe do not fit the type of group you were hoping for... patience, they will slowly find another place to be because it will not fit them. You can't please everyone. I would guess you started the farmgirl chapter to help fulfill a need you have... keep that as the focus. Not to be overwhelming selfish or anything, but hopefully you understand what I mean.

Farmgirl #208

What are you doing with your dash?
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic A Delicate Question Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page