napafarmhouse1885
True Blue Farmgirl

208 Posts

diane
napa ca
USA
208 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  8:37:29 PM  Show Profile
where did summer go?..i cannot believe it will be the holiday weekend in 2 days...i am holding onto summer..kicking and screaming..

anyway, what is everyone doing?..please share your favorite holiday weekend plans..
best,
diane

best,
napafarmhouse1885
www.napafarmhouse1885.com

please visit my blog
www.napafarmhouse1885.blogspot.com

farmgirl sister #179

"Whatever you can do or dream, begin it"
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  8:59:12 PM  Show Profile
My husband and I will be on the move to get away from Hurricane Gustav. Hopefully, we can go to our camp and enjoy the Labor Day weekend. Have a great Labor Day weekend, Diane.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  05:00:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
We are having a birthday party for my granddaughter Sunday. She will be the BIG 2 !!! lol Labor Day will probably be just another day around here with a little cleaning up getting the kiddos ready to go back to school.

Have a wonderful Holiday weekend everyone and be safe!

Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter

"What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger"

Farmgirl #152

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  05:09:52 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Saturday Jeremy and I are going up to Palestine, IL for the rodeo. We're still not sure if we're driving back that night or finding somewhere to stay in Vincennes. Then Monday I'm having a cookout at my house and having family over.

Melanie

~blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ ~shop~ http://www.brokenin.ecrater.com/
Go to Top of Page

palmettogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

571 Posts

sue
camden south carolina
USA
571 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  05:44:25 AM  Show Profile
probably helping with homework. having come from new jersey where school doesn't start until AFTER labor day, i still have a hard time with my kids starting school in the middle of august! jill has 6 tests tomorrow! yuk! anyway, might go to the away football game on friday night; saturday, we're invited to a mother/daughter facial party???? sounded like fun...... maybe we'll have a cookout on monday with family--like melanie!! like everyone else said....have a fun and safe weekend!!
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  06:52:29 AM  Show Profile
every day is a holiday when you are in your FREEDOM YEARS! i honestly forgot it was labor day until my daughter reminded me that it gives her ONE extra day home with her babies before she starts back to work after having little iszabel on june 8th!

honey hunk heads for california on sunday morning (rugby buddy reunion) .. i think i'll drop him off at the airport and head somewhere fun for a coupla' days .. not sure yet .. which direction i'll go! won't be toledo this time .. cuz' a coupla' days after he gets back home next week .. we head for toledo to celebrate sofia's second birthday!

hmmmmmmmm .. i gotta' think upon this fun adventure! xo

True Friends * KENTUCKY FRANNIE

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Edited by - CabinCreek-Kentucky on Aug 28 2008 06:52:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  08:35:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
This weekend I am working on some swaps that are due out and getting ready to make some more soaps and lotions!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  08:48:59 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
This is such an amazing weekend. 1st I am so blessed that I get to help MaryJane at the opening of her store in Coeur d Alene, ID. being Sisterhood Coordinator is a dream come true and for those that know MaryJane even a little,you already know that she is a "dream builder". And if all of that wasn't enough to make a girl feel blessed... DH and I are celebrating our 24th wedding anniversary. He bought us concert tickets to hear Michael McDonald in Concert at a winery on the Columbia River not far from our home~ now you need to know that while I wouldn't ever classify myself as a "Swooner", you know the gals that faint or throw thier undies on the stage, scream, yell and cry at concerts.... all bets are off when it comes to Mr. Michael... and DH knows this and is sweating bullets~ ahahah:)...........Since working for the farm the last several months has had me an emotional mess...(so much graditute, self pinching and generally crying at the thought of an awesome opertunity), Now the Grand Opening...... add to it Michael McDonald it is enough to push even ME off the edge... :) So if you read in the papers about some wild women having to be wrangled off the ankels at a Michael McDonald concert.. ya all heard it here 1st.... hahahahah LOL~~~ you may wanna pray for DH~

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo

Edited by - ruralfarmgirl on Aug 28 2008 08:51:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  08:51:08 AM  Show Profile
Wow - Rene, you get the prize for the most exciting plans so far! You will have so much fun. Please say to MaryJane and all for me. If I could, I would be there with my MaryJane shopping bag. Happy Anniversary!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  08:57:55 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Jeannie,
I know for a fact that "we" are taking all the farmgirls with us this weekend. When I get to share about the sisterhood and the farmgirls and the forum... you all come rushing to my mind.. we are "ONE" all wrapped into FARMGIRLS. I cannot talk to people and not share each and every one of the farmgirls with them. So while I know I wish and you wish you could be there in person~ KNOW that you are being thought of, and introduced to all the new gals we share the farmgirl experience with... thanks for the anniversay well wishes and I will tell MaryJane you send your Howdo's.....

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo
Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  09:03:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Ha! I just about forgot it was Labor Day weekend too! I'm retired ( just do my movie studio teaching occassionally now) and My Honey is Really Busy working on a huge project his Company has due out in a coupla weeks so he might be in his office off n on this weekend!! Hmmmmm maybe I'll do a girlie spa thing!!!! are spas open on Labor Day weekend???? Might just curl up and read a good book! Sew? Take a long walk with my Bassets? Lots of choices!!!

Until Later,
Audrey

~ Side by side or miles apart....dear friends are always close to the heart ~
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  10:30:12 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, I just love you. I was thinking that being retired everyday is the same, no holidays. Then you remind me that "Every day is a Holiday!!" Thank you

Now, we probably won't do anything different. Last weekend was our great granddaughter's 1st B'day. Big party! The weekend before was son's 50th B'day. Big Party! I am looking forward to a plain ole weekend. Is there a football game on tv yet? I'm ready.
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  10:53:55 AM  Show Profile
My daughter and I leave on Monday, Labor Day, for a week-long trip up to Sequim, Washington with my friend, Marianne, and her daughter. After spending a day or two at her house, we go to my sisters in Indianola, WA. Monday, 8th, is my dad's 81st birthday and we are his big birthday surprize! SHHHHH, don't tell!
Sharon

Farmgirl Sister #74

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  11:02:33 AM  Show Profile
We will be enjoying the weekend as a family right here on our farm. Probably alot of homework for kiddos which I will be helping with. I will also be sewing for a market day in Oct.

AngiKay-farmgirl sister #301
www.angikay.etsy.com
Heart of TX chapter
Be strong and Courageous. Jos. 1:9

Texas 4H! http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/
Go to Top of Page

napafarmhouse1885
True Blue Farmgirl

208 Posts

diane
napa ca
USA
208 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  11:52:14 AM  Show Profile
sounds like everyone is going to have a terrific holiday..we have friends coming over each day (different people each day) so just easy, breezy recipes, lots of sun, laughing and sharing stories..what could be better?
happy holiday farmgirls!!

best,
napafarmhouse1885
www.napafarmhouse1885.com

please visit my blog
www.napafarmhouse1885.blogspot.com

farmgirl sister #179

"Whatever you can do or dream, begin it"
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic labor day weekend Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic