Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  3:09:45 PM  Show Profile
Monday I took both of my kids to the doctor for symptoms of low grade fever, sore throat and nasal stuffiness. He said they both had upper respiratory infections. So he prescribed Zithromycin and Aldex. This stuff always starts out as "just allergies." Well, my daughter seems to be better, however, my son is worse. His temp stays at a constant 100.4* to 101.6*, chills, watery eyes with extreme sensitivity to light, sore throat and cough. I am suspecting it is bronchitis again. All of this while on meds. This has been going on all his life. The thing is we have seen numerous allergists. None of them are any help. Have any of you had this problem to contend with? What do you do for it? I don't know of anything natural to do other than warm moist air and tapping on the back. It is soooo frustrating!! All advice is welcome.

"Love one another."

Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  8:55:28 PM  Show Profile
Forgive me. I may have posted in the wrong place.

"Love one another."
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  10:35:36 PM  Show Profile
Oh Brenda..I feel for your son. I have lung issues and get bronchitis and pneumonia really easily. I hope someone has some wonderful advice for you. I pretty much get by on what you are already doing. Does he have asthma? I didn't know until this past year that I have it...and have had some relief from having an inhaler when I have trouble breathing. I hope you all find some help soon. It stinks to be sick for sure!!! Hang in there!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  06:57:21 AM  Show Profile
Jenny,
Thank you for your post. You know that is the odd thing. The doctors always ask me if he has asthma and I always tell them that we do have a family history of it , but for some weird reason they never suggest that he be tested for it. I asked about the inhaler/nebulizer and I get no answer from them. We switched to a new doctor now, so I am going to pester him with these same questions. The meds they prescribed aren't helping at all. Jenny, I appreciate that you took the time to post. Thank you.

"Love one another."
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  07:47:50 AM  Show Profile
Hi Brenda,

Please read my post under the reading room a cure for all diseases. And if you have a homeopathic doctor in your area that uses a machine with bio-feedback take your son to them. My doctor treats people from all over the U.S. she is that good. My daughter had a simular exper. to your son's. So check out that post. You can send me a private email and I can tell you more about my own asthma and lung issues that she has helped.

Keep the faith and good health to you and your family,
Marjean

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards and jewelry at jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
jeanpatch.wordpress.com
http://www.diyminishoppes.com/shoppes/jeanpatchbymk/index.html
Go to Top of Page

Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  08:47:06 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Marsha. I am off to go read your post.

"Love one another."
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  10:38:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I would also suggest having him start taking some liquid drops that have Echinacea, Golden Seal, and Elderberry in them. They taste horrible, but really cleared up a horrible sore throat that I had earlier this summer. Hope he gets better soon! *hugs*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sage
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Pam
Worland Wyoming
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  11:07:11 AM  Show Profile
Brenda; I hope your little guy get feeling better soon. I have had family members with allergies and bronchitis. My husband had severe bronchitis to the point of needing hospital care all of his life until he got a pneumonia shot. There is no explanation for the change but I think it boosted his immune system. I'd also check out food and environmental allergies becasue my daughter has allergies and it weakens her resistance to infections. Good luck Sage :)

Farmgirl sister #140
www.heritagedesigns.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Brochitis Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page