jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  12:05:33 PM  Show Profile
Todays mail brought a treasure box from wonderful Miss Wilma! I could not believe it - inside was one of her special pillows hand embroidered with patriotic poetry, a large group of vintage postcards dating back to the early 1900's, and just the ones I collect. I have even seen several of them in my postcard reference books as being highly collectible. They, too, were all patriotic. And then, the grand finale....a 1976 edition of a Gladys Tabor book! It is titled The Best of Still Meadow, and has the bookjacket and everything. I do not have any of her books, so this will be my first chance to read her after all the discussions I have seen here about Gladys Taber.

I am so excited, and as always, humbled by the kindness of the women here on this site. I have a lot of packages I need to pack and send out to generous folks with kind hearts and creative hands. Miss Wilma is part of the cream of this crop, though. Thank you, dear lady. It was a very bright spot in my day.

By the way, as I told you, my back has been killing me lately, and it is your pillows and MaryJanes that have literally been keeping me propped up through it all.

Love you -

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Thank you Miss Wilma Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page