CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  10:00:32 PM  Show Profile
lordy .. all day today .. i thought it was MONDAY! kathy and i met up in e-town for lunch and some fun shoppin' .. then she had to get back to finish building her cabin .. and i went shoppin' for 'princess and castle' stuff for sofia's birthday party! what fun! i just finished making a half dozen little 'tussie mussies' .. got some cute 'princess wands' and sweet goodie bags to fill with pink chocolates! got lots of 'tulle' and silky ribbons .. am conjuring up a room that looks like a castle 'banquet' hall for their party!

i think we are getting her an adorable doll house with lots of furniture this year.

have you gurlz seen the Fancy Nancy doll? oh my gosh! it is sooooooo CUTE! i think i'm going to get it for Iszabel and save it for her first birthday!

tomorrow (whoops .. make that 'in the morning' .. it is already 'tomorrow'!) i hope to finally make it back to greensburg .. amd also going to make a bunch of 'sunflower seed bags .. and finish painting and distressing some kitchen chairs .. and finish up packing American Girls dolls! what ya'll up to today? xo

True Friends * KENTUCKY FRANNIE

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  04:53:05 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Good grief!! I have sat in front of this computer for the last two days!! It's time for me to get off my hiney and get busy!

Caitie went yesterday to try instruments for 6th grade band. She tried alto sax, flute and trombone. She gets to play sax. I think that is sooo cool. I always wanted to play the sax, but when I was that age the guy told me my lips were to fat. The only problem is it's sooo expensive!! I went ahead and payed to rent a used instrument, but I am so looking for something nice and much cheaper on ebay. I have a feeling most everyone else's parents are going to do the same thing though.
Hallie was going to do what she thought was swim lessons at the high school, but turned out it was tryouts for a swim team for younger kids. But she chickened out after we got there. She was afraid everyone would be lookin at her lil pudgy belly. I told her and told her and told her that her lil belly was cute, that nobody would be watchin her but me and Jeremy and the other kids. But she wouldn't do it. I'm not gonna force her into trying anything. So we left and went to McD's. Eeewwww, but it's fast.

So anyways..... for today. I have got to get some laundry done. I have gotten it started now let's see if I can get it finished. I have about 2 more loads to do. At least it's colors. I hate doing whites cause of all the socks that has to be folded. Then I have this huge pile of yardsale stuff. I need to start sorting it. Seeing what needs to go by the wayside, what can be kept and what can be freecycled. And then this afternoon I have to go clean for my Wednesday couple.

At least this afternoon none of the kiddos have after school meetings or activities. YEEHAW!!! I can cook dinner and relax. Well sort of...

Melanie

~blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ ~shop~ http://www.brokenin.ecrater.com/
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  05:45:33 AM  Show Profile
Today I have my final class needed to renew my real estate license.

This afternoon/evening I'm going to be supporting my youngest DS who has to attend the first of 2 back to back funerals for his friends who were killed in an auto accident over this past weekend :(

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  06:01:17 AM  Show Profile
Number one project is to finish up a couple of garden designs and write up the proposals. And schedule client meetings.

Need to deadhead the white phlox so they will rebloom. . . .Probably need to do laundry. . . . and plan dinner.

Sneak over to the consignment shop and sort through a few boxes of goods . . . to see if we want the stuff in the shop. (Fun task)

Pick more tomatoes? And roast them.

Prep a sewing project to work on during Project Runway tonight (yea!).

It's such a beautiful day today. Time to begin.

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com

Edited by - katie-ell on Aug 27 2008 06:02:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  06:53:01 AM  Show Profile
Today is a busy one and getting busier. Just came in from my morning yard work. Cut okra, moved some dirt, (redoing one of the raised beds in the herb garden) did some weeding and dead heading in the rose garden. Went down to the road and brought up the trash cart. Brought in hamburger from the freezer, picked more bell peppers. having company for supper, stuffed bells. Yes, I know, now I have to clean the kitchen. Now I have to go in and get a shower and head to town. Post Office, deliver eggs, Libriary return, go to the chiropractor, Walmart for prescriptions and walmart stuff. Then home. Ole Ron just told me that a friend is comming out around 1:00, bringing us an apple pie. Which reminds me I have a sink full of apples. Put them in the sink last night thinking that would make me do them up. Then fix the stuffed bells and Mac and cheese that someone posted the recipe the other day. Probably will fix a 3 bean salad to go with it. OK I am already tired just looking at my list and it is not 9:00 yet. Better get busy but first I have to take a look at the rest of todays posts here in the forum.
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  12:17:57 PM  Show Profile
Today has been so busy so far! One of my daughters and two grandsons, oldest son, hubby and I started fall cleaning this morning at 7! We decided to just do three rooms. I give everyone a list and they have to check it off when they're done. We sat down to a lunch of steak, homegrown cauliflower and limas, and applesauce. We hurriedly did the dishes and started in again. It is now around 3p and we're finally done! All I have left is to wash the floors. I still have to sweep the front porch, too. Oldest grandson is asleep in the living room. I have to take a shower (much needed) soon as I'm meeting a friend for a light supper at 6. My house just looks and smells so clean! My curtains look so bright from hanging out in the sunshine! Sounds like I"m not the only one who has been busy today! Have a great evening everyone! Susan
Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  2:33:05 PM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
We are painting...DS's room is in the style a la Dallas Cowboys, and DD's room is pink and chocolate princess ballerina frou-frou theme. Then I am getting ready to go do field observations tomorrow!!! DH is sooooo cooking dinner tonight...

Samantha

www.elphie0503.blogspot.com

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~~Albright

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  7:15:09 PM  Show Profile
took some great olde boxes and twiggy plant stands to glovers station .. then headed up to campbellsville to do some more 'birthday shopping' .. got the most adorable little pink and purple tricycle and helmet and 'bike basket' for sofia .. also got a cute card table and four chairs (at BIG LOTS) .. these will be great for 'extras' when the kids have more kids visiting!

looked for FANCY NANCY .. but i think i saw her at TARGETS .. have to go to E-town to get her! what an ADORABLE doll!!!! think i'll start that collection for sofia too!

met honey hunk for lunch (he was jus' comin' off the lake from 'rowin'!) then since he was going to watch the RED SOX on TV tonight .. i decided to go to the movies. OH LORDY! do NOT waste your time and money on MIRRORS .. i like Keifer Sutherland .. soo i 'thought' it might be good. NOT!!!!!!!!! absolutely one of the worse movies i've ever seen. HA! when i left .. i told the little ticket taker dued that he 'owed me one'! (he suggested it to me!)

well, i've gotta' sew up a buncha' sunflower seed bags before it hit the bed tonight.

have a 'thrilling thursday'!! xo

True Friends * KENTUCKY FRANNIE

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Wednesday .. alReadY!!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page