Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 what's your favorite CITY you ever visited ...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic what's your favorite CITY you ever visited ... Next Topic
Page: of 2

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  6:46:41 PM  Show Profile
I am not really into the big city thing either, but I must say that Nashville Tenn. holds some great memories for me. I remember the country Fan Fair that we would go to. All those shops down town. And the history made there.

"A mother is someone you never outgrow your need for"
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  7:38:09 PM  Show Profile
Burlington, Vermont. I just love the ambiance that surrounds that place.

Mj

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  9:47:16 PM  Show Profile
Hands down, forever, my favorite city in the USA is Jackson Hole, Wyoming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful!!!!!!! While we were there my husband got up super early (5 am) and went to get coffee at this place we were staying in. He rushes back to the room, hauls me out of bed, throws my robe to me, and drags me out on this super huge deck. It was a little chilly, but all of a sudden I heard 100s of wolves howling. I can close my eyes and hear them even now. The city was just breath-taking to me. I loved everything about it.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  12:12:24 AM  Show Profile
Naples,and Amalfi coast, Italy
I just love it there, and the people are nice. its just magic
Shirley
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  02:59:03 AM  Show Profile
If I had to choose a city internationally, that would be Sydney in the land of OZ hands down.

Great city, easy for travelers to navigate, tons to do and see and the people are fabulous!
Go to Top of Page

lilyblossom
True Blue Farmgirl

416 Posts

Donna
Evansville IN
USA
416 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  03:11:45 AM  Show Profile
Boston is my all time favorite. There is so much history there and so many neat areas of town to explore. Plus it's right on the ocean.

Donna...true blue KY farmgirl, farmgirl #86
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  09:18:26 AM  Show Profile
Edinburgh---it's an amazing city and I'd love to try to explain it to you but it has to be experienced. London is a close second. And I really thought I would hate London.

"Nature always has the last laugh." Mrs. Greenthumbs

Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  09:34:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Had to jump back in here AGAIN when I read that Barbara (Countrygal56) really likes Albuquerque, NM!! I am Sooooo glad you like my wonderful city! and I jus had to add OTHER places (besides the two I already posted about) that I love as cities that I have visited.....Boston (you all know why Boston is soooooo wonderful)....Santa Fe, NM because of all the ART and culture and museums.....Nantucket, Mass because it is so quaint and the beaches are lovely.....Martha's Vineyard!!! Yikes I have sooooo many places that I jus couldn't possibly stop at ONE!!! I love so many places for so many different reasons...Charleston, SC is beautiful and fun shopping......I'll stop my list but BOY are we lucky to have so many Wonderful places in the USA that are WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL!!!

Until Later,
Audrey

~ Side by side or miles apart....dear friends are always close to the heart ~
Go to Top of Page

JILLSEWSIT
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

JILL
RACINE WI
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  1:53:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi, I love to travel most anywhere. Kudos to those that love Chicago. I take the train there often. It is a big and friendly city. To get a cheap & nice room; goto hotrooms.com. Once I got a beautiful room across from Grant Park. The hotrooms site gets listings from hotels all the city that are left-over for the nite and the price is rock bottom.
Try Rapid City, S.D., New York always; at least once. Try a theatre group tour. Texas is a must visit place; esp. Hill Country.
If you go foreign; I am ready for a trip. Puerto Rican walk signs say Cruize. Beautiful nature. India is a step back in time. Belgium, Holland are art & history museums. So classy compared to us. The US is a very young country. Tokyo food. Taipei, Taiwan is not part of China. I lived there as a kid & loved it. I imagine England. My husband & I want to take a long train trip. Travel by ship could be interesting; not an eat-forever cruise.
I just thought that there might be a Farmgirl convention to go to someday.
I like our screened -in porch with a friend or my grandson, too. Stop by.
Jill Willett
Peace
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic what's your favorite CITY you ever visited ... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page