Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Newest fuzzy friends at my place
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Newest fuzzy friends at my place Next Topic  

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2008 :  5:10:13 PM  Show Profile
We went to enter our hens in the fair today...each kid entered one of our banty hens..and guess what? we ended up coming home with 2 mini lop bunnies 6 weeks old...sigh...they are adorable..picture on my blog if you want to see the cuteness. So...the girls have all sorts of new plans for a 4H rabbit project now. We already have the book..
we will find out after supper what ribbons the hens got.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com

SandyJ
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Sandra
Waitsburg WA
USA
19 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2008 :  5:40:46 PM  Show Profile
I love those bunnies. My grandkids and I are going to our fair in 2 weeks and going looking for bunnies.We'll see what we come home with.
Sandyj
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2008 :  9:24:39 PM  Show Profile
Those bunnies are the cutest! Nothing sillier than a big, floppy earred bunny wiggling it's nose at you. And congratulations to the kids on their ribbons! Sounds like you had a good trip to the fair this year!

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2008 :  10:03:16 PM  Show Profile
Thos bunnies are too cute! Congrats to the kids.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2008 :  6:18:45 PM  Show Profile
Resisting bunnies is SO HARD. I came home last Saturday with a couple of baby Lionheads. And I raise French Angoras. Talk about cute! I am sure that your kids will have a great time with the bunnies. I am enjoying myself so much that I have to remind myself that I need to make a limit on how many I can care for at one time...

My Homesteading Journal http://toomyvara.livejournal.com

My craft journal http://bluewrenn.livejournal.com

Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2008 :  7:34:15 PM  Show Profile
Jenny- how awesome! We raise Lops too! Only ours are not for show. They are so much fun. We have 4.

AngiKay-farmgirl sister #301
www.angikay.etsy.com
Heart of TX chapter
Be strong and Courageous. Jos. 1:9

Texas 4H! http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2008 :  7:44:35 PM  Show Profile
I had alot of angoras and some fuzzy lops for years...but have only had one rabbit here (a REALLY mean french angora buck) for the past 5 years..except a brief time when the girls had a fuzzy lop who didn't live long about two years ago. I hope these do well. They are from reputable breeders anyway! I have never shown rabbits at all...or any other animals for that matter. the kids entering the hens in the fair was my first experience with that besides second son (who is 28 now) showing a lamb at the fair for FFA when he was a sophomore in high school years ago.
The girls havn't decided on names for the little cuties yet.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2008 :  7:52:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Jenny- I love rabbits. They are so sweet. I would love to have them when we get our property but they would probably be a'la MaryJane's family (aka meat bunnies) instead of pets or show. I can't imagine that Sky-dog could resist the tame-bunny-for-a-snack for very long!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2008 :  8:15:00 PM  Show Profile
One time I tried raising meat rabbit...just couldnt' do it. So I went back to raising chickens for meat..even though I can hunt and fish and eat chickens and other birds and animals we raise..not bunnies. I had alot of angora rabbits for years and had to sell most when we moved here. I was kind of resigned to not having rabbits for a time..but the girls are so excited. So it will be a good project for them. Luckily our dogs are not interested. (basset hounds) so that helps.

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2008 :  9:12:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Jenny .... we had two lop earred rabbits when my son was little. He loved them!! And we also had Basset hounds that had no interest in the cute rabbits. By the Way....we still have two Basset Hounds....we have had five Bassets over the last 30+ years!!

Until Later,
Audrey

~ Side by side or miles apart....dear friends are always close to the heart ~
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2008 :  7:37:34 PM  Show Profile
I have had gosh..at least that many bassets over the years too. Maybe 6. I love the breed. We have two right now...Stella is 11 and Maggie will be 4 in October. We have had Stella since she was a tiny pup and Maggie was a rescue dog we got at one year old.

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

mrsmorgen
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

morgen
coudersport pa
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  05:59:58 AM  Show Profile
My basset walked past a wild rabbit as we oohed and aahed over it and never even turned her head to look, hunting is beneath her I guess. My saint Bernard was much more interested.
Morgen

I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all..
laura ingalls wilder

www.laubers.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Newest fuzzy friends at my place Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page