Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Christmas Presents - Need Ideas!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Christmas Presents - Need Ideas!!! Next Topic  

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2008 :  12:27:34 PM  Show Profile
Since we will be spending $7,000+ on a new roof this fall I am thinking ahead to a thrifty Christmas and need some ideas! So far my ideas are:
*Make baskets of homemade goodies for my three siblings that are out of my parents house
*Ask family members for their old purses, shoes, and dressy clothes to make a tub of dress up clothes for my daughter, who just loves to dress up
Any other ideas for my son, husband, mother and father, and younger siblings? Thanks!!
-Elizabeth

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2008 :  3:37:28 PM  Show Profile
Sometimes I find good books at garage sales, flea markets, etc... My husband loves to read anything kind of history, so I always pick up history books at good low prices.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2008 :  3:41:00 PM  Show Profile
I am making PJ pants, hot and cold therepy pillows and a handbag for my mom and sister. My dad is getting a homemade birdfeeder as is my BIL. I don't know what to do for Hubby yet.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2008 :  4:01:39 PM  Show Profile
I love the idea of the books at garage sales - will keep my eyes open for the types that my family members like.
I gave my dad a birdfeeder and a big bag of seed and suet cakes for Christmas last year. Since my parents just bought their very first house this year and I am thinking of something for their house or something like that. I wish I could sew, those other ideas you mentioned would be cool!
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2008 :  4:13:55 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth!
I loved the birdfeeder and big bag of seed gift. I might give that to my dh this Christmas! I've been trying to think of what to give him!!!!! Thanks for the idea. Yes, book, especially history books, always are good gift for me to give my hubby. If you dad has a special interest, look for those kind of books. Good luck.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2008 :  4:18:39 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I'm making some on my list homemade candies. Those are always a big hit as long as the receiver isn't on a diet.
Then I'm making snowmen and jar lights. Going to attempt to make jar lights. I've never made them before soooo let's hope they turn out.
My niece asked me to make her a rag doll.

A couple of years ago, I made fleece throw blankets for my grandma and my dad.

Melanie

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. Helen Keller "http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ ~shop~ http://www.brokenin.ecrater.com/
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2008 :  7:25:19 PM  Show Profile
I love those fleece throw blankets! I've also made pillow cases for my sons and some of their friends. If you can knit, scarves are easy and appreciated. So are socks. What about a calendar for your folks with pics of your little one from every month?
Go to Top of Page

Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2008 :  8:15:43 PM  Show Profile
How about homemade beef jerky for the guys on your list and homemade bath salts for the ladies. I have recipes for both. Email me if you would like them. For young boys, how about marshmallow guns and for young girls you could make kool-aid jammer purses or those fleece boa scarves or for either a homemade checker set. Just a few ideas.

"Love one another."
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2008 :  10:59:38 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Hey StarMeadow! You reminded me of something my sis and I put together for our dad for his birthday.
He's so totally impossible to buy for. A few years ago, we put together a collage frame with pics of the grand babies.
Then last year we did another collage frame, but with pics of me and her as babies and lil tots.
Dad loves pics of his kids and grandkids!!

Melanie

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. Helen Keller "http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ ~shop~ http://www.brokenin.ecrater.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Christmas Presents - Need Ideas!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page