True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2008 :  4:52:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
What does your bedroom look like?

Mine is a bit of a muddle right now. There is laundry to be put away, two dressers, and our bed. We don't have any choice in the color- so the paint is white but one wall is wood paneling. We also have one small closet. Our carpet is Berber- sort of the institutional type!

I am going to be putting up some pictures this weekend a some other things to spruce it up- what about yours?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2008 :  5:10:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
For now we only sleep in our bedroom, it is the smallest of all the rooms ( my sewing room is bigber) BUT we litteraly only sleep in there. So we have our bed and a small dresser.With Rugs on the floor. I plan on fixing it up real pretty but since no one but us sees it it isnt top priority right now.

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

Continuous effort, not strength or intelligence is the key to unlocking our potential
Liane Cardes

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

www.justanotherhousewife.etsy.com

Aunt Debs Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5848156
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2008 :  5:10:11 PM  Show Profile
I love my room. I still have lots to hang on the walls but I have a bookshelf on one wall with all of my decorating, quilting, and foodie mags. as well as my favorite books. On top I have basket with my yo-yo's and fabric for making yoyos.. all ready for me to pick up and work on. On either side of the bookshelf are these wonderfully chippy red chairs.. one one is sitting a basket of my needlepoint. On another wall I have a cute little vintage desk. In one corner I have a very comfortable recliner/rocker that I love to nurse Andrew in. Next to it is my sock knitting. I have a chippy green painted maple nightstand that I have a stack of mags that I am reading now..I have a large bathroom and a large walk in closet..

Blessings, Debra

"Your life is an occasion, Rise to it." Mr Magorium..
http://myvintagehome.com
http://woolieacres.net
http://modernmanna.org
Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2008 :  5:29:31 PM  Show Profile
My bedroom is not real big - but have an iron bed (hubbys great grandparents), big country cabinet with tv etc in it and a matching hugh chest with about 10 drawers and it is very long. I have a small country table beside the bed with stuff on it and another by the door that has a basket with pine cones and flowers. Really county looking.

"A mother is someone you never outgrow your need for"
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2008 :  5:32:43 PM  Show Profile
I want your room Debra!!!!!!!! :)

No really, I like my room. It's a work in progress! I still want to make burgundy and gold [just a little gold] curtains to match the bed set I already have. It's very pretty deep red with gold accents. We have matching dressers and night stands that belonged to DH's mother. She got then from Japan. I have an ironing board in one corner. A stand up mirror in the other. Two closets....one for me, another for him. A bathroom to the left....fair sized. I do want to go totally crazy and paint the entire room burgundy and cream!!!! I waiting to find just the right paint on the clearence rack at home depot though ;)

Jamie

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2008 :  6:14:37 PM  Show Profile
this is one of the best master bedrooms we have had. I miss the one i had in CA- the house that was sold so we had to move her to Nevada. It was a whole master suite- down stairs- it was a tri level home- kids upstairs, us down stairs, livingroom, laundry, dining and kitchen mid level.
The master suite had a den that was my craft room, then a door to the bedroom- 2 big deep closets, a big open bathroom, another closet in the bedroom area, and sliding doors to the deck. I loved it. This room is comfy- I like it. I love the chippy red chairs- my hubby thought were junk. I knew I had a good use for them. I want to do a redwork quilt for my bed. I would love a big iron bed! I have a wonderful pillow top king size bed but no headboard or footboard.

Blessings, Debra

"Your life is an occasion, Rise to it." Mr Magorium..
http://myvintagehome.com
http://woolieacres.net
http://modernmanna.org
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2008 :  6:38:59 PM  Show Profile
Our bedroom is my favorite room in our house--it's painted "mourning dove" grey, with white wainscotting 5 foot from the floor, with a shelf on top, all the way around the room for photos, trinkets, whatever. Our quilt is also dove gray, with a cabbage rose pattern (very 1940's)...my husband's chifarobe is art deco era with bakelite handles and my dresser is cherry, from the empire revival style (1870) and has large, clear glass knobs. We also have a hand turned wood bench under the window to sit on and put on shoes, etc...I don't have an bedside table, but I use two large hat boxes for mine, and Jus's is an old mission style mini-table that my Great Great Uncle made for "something to do". It's a very peaceful room, and gets lovely afternoon sunlight. There are trees all around, so it sometimes seems like we're in a treehouse ;)

It's taken almost 5 years to get it this way--we have literally been remodelling that long. I'm grateful for it now, though!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2008 :  6:48:14 PM  Show Profile
It really isn't the inside bedroom that I like is is the view. WE live on top a mountain and I have 4 8x8 foot windows that looks on the most awsome view across the lake. Just to wake up and see wha tkind of day is in store is so amazing.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2008 :  9:05:34 PM  Show Profile
Hmmm...my bedroom has 20 year old paint on the walls and even older carpeting. But it does have my king size reproduction 4 poster Rice bed and matching dresser, chest and two end tables, which I love. I had always wanted a Rice bed since I toured a southern plantation when I was a teenager (many, many years ago). So the year my husband doubled his income with a killer profit sharing arrangement, we went out and bought this set from the local mega furniture mart. Good thing we did it then since his income has steadily plummeted ever since! LOL! And what makes it even better is that the bed is sporting my first king sized quilt and I'm rather proud of the way it turned out, thank you very much!

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2008 :  05:22:56 AM  Show Profile
When I moved into my home, I took the smaller bedroom because it has a full bathroom w/tub and a walk in closet. It also faces the back, which is wooded. I haven't done too much with it since I moved in...over 5 years ago. It still has the ugly paint (dingy light green) and window treatment...which I can live with, but is yucky. I have an antique iron bed and some art on the walls. I have berber carpet though out my house, including the bedroom. There's a cushioned bench at the foot of my bed, and a pie safe on the opposite wall of the bed that I put the tv on. I have an old walnut vanity against another wall and a couple of throw rugs. I've been getting mentally ready (thinking of ideas and looking at photos) of having my bedroom painted and redone. I get a ton of light in that room so I would paint it a dark color. I think a chocolate brown on the wall my bed is against, as an accent wall. Maybe a lighter brown (creamy coffee) for the rest of the room....or a nice soft blue...not sure yet. I would have white bedding and comforter with a pretty quilt folded at the foot of the bed. Then I would introduce colors in accessories...in blues, brown and touches of red. I would change the window treatment with a simple shade and black out drapes or curtins. I get too much sun in the am!

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2008 :  06:09:04 AM  Show Profile
It's very refugeesque!

It's sparce, it's a collection of furniture gathered here and there that we got for free! lol And nothing is on the walls. I wish we had things on the walls but our walls are concrete and seem almost impossible to hang anything on. My husband is not strong. I am stronger then him and was hanging things in other rooms with the drill, till I broke the bit. (it's stuck in the concrete wall in the kitchen now! lol) And I haven't went and bought another bit. So........hmmmm think refugee fleeing from the home land! lol haha

I want a bed and breakfast feel some day!

http://www.wolfprncez.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2008 :  06:14:33 AM  Show Profile
My bedroom is currently a mess, but it is a nice room. It is quite big. Our house has a center hall on both the first and second floors. Our bedroom takes up the whole second floor on one side of that hall, so it's the same size as the other two bedrooms put together.

Nice features: windows on three sides of the house, and a door to the screened sleeping porch. We get a nice cross breeze in the summer to keep us comfortable. There are big old trees all around the house, so it's like being up in a treehouse.

We have a large walk-in closet with a mirrored door, and a smaller closet that contains the laundry chute. It is pretty sweet, let me tell you, to be able to toss dirty clothes down the chute at the end of the day. Out of sight, out of mind. (The laundry chute also has a door in the wall of the kitchen on the first floor, so I can toss down my dirty towels and what not as soon as the mess is made.)
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2008 :  06:59:07 AM  Show Profile
Right now we are in what will eventually be our guest room. It is not very big, but we are able to put a queen size bed in and two side tables. We re-did the bedroom about 7 years ago. I painted it pale apple green with pale cowslip yellow as trim. The walls also have a "splatter" paint treatment over the green, which means very small dots of the yellow and a dull gold paint. Our floor is refinished, original fir planks. The bed, my dad made and it is finished in a dark maple. I also painted a small dragon fly on the eve part of the ceiling over the bed and a grasshopper jumping over a flower near one of the windows.

Anne in Portland, OR

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2008 :  07:45:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I love hearing about everyone's rooms! This is great!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2008 :  10:17:10 AM  Show Profile
OK,
I just posted pictures of our down stairs bedroom. Posted pictures of the upstair's bedroom a few weeks ago.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2008 :  12:13:26 PM  Show Profile
I just love my room. It's one of the biggest reasons I bought this house, along with the hand stacked fireplace and the 1/3 acre zoned for animals.

I decorated it in sort of a tranquile spa theme. I have a low muted sage green carpet with a swirl pattern to it. It's painted a very light neutral tan with white crown moulding and doors. It has my two favorite drop leaf tables as night stands, my desk and a comfy lounge that sits in front of the bay window looking out over the yard. I can lay in bed and watch the sun come up or rain pour off the roof.

The walls are covered with my special book plates and prints that I've collected over the years and of course pics of DD.

It's my quite place to go and read, think and dream. Sweet and peaceful.
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2008 :  12:27:47 PM  Show Profile
I wish we had room for a king size bed, but the room is just to small. Good thing I like Richard.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Bedrooms Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page